Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

'Cheaper than Coffee', you gotta be jokin' !!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just read something in the 'Daily Mail' that's made me laugh...

They are suggesting that a line of Cocaine costs as little as a cappuccino. They say a gram can be bought for £39, why not just say £40?? Apparently in East Anglia prices are most expensive at £47 a gram...

This is the greatest part though, I quote "With users able to get up to 20 lines from that amount, that works out at £1.95 a hit, making cocaine cheaper than a cappuccino at many designer coffee shops" Are these guys for real!!!

They go on to suggest "A new breed of users typically includes those who split a gram with friends at weekends"

And this.... "An 1/8th of resin, which is enough for around 20 joints" These guys, what are they smoking!!

Talk about shite information!!

Comments

• Options
    I guess if the cocaine was nigh on completely pure then you could get 20 lines out of it, but most people wouldnt.

And £1.95 for a big coffee, you're having a laugh arent you! Where in London can you get it for that?!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    And £1.95 for a big coffee, you're having a laugh arent you! Where in London can you get it for that?!

Exactly what I was thinking!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Exactly what I was thinking!!!

A big coffee in Central London is going to easily be closer to £3, if not more.
  • Options
    Although, someone I know works in Soho and manages to get a coffee for about £2, so maybe you just have to know where to go. But mostly you would be paying close to £3 for a large coffee.
  • Options
    It is a stupid mark up and I very rarely drink at those kind of places, to my shame I do rather like Starbucks 'sunrise' muffins though.
  • Options
    :eek2: Starbucks? I am so disappointed in you. They even have shite coffee.
  • Options
    I dont drink the coffee, its dire, just the muffin, thats all, it has lots of nice things in it, including some oats on the top, so its really healthy.
  • Options
    20 joints out of an 1/8th? And you have to smoke 10 of them to get stoned yea. :p

Stupid uninformed media.

By the way this new layout is quite good. :thumb:
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    "With users able to get up to 20 lines from that amount

ha who the fuck makes this shit up, how long is a line anyway, 20 lines out of a gram of coke :crazyeyes
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    ha who the fuck makes this shit up, how long is a line anyway, 20 lines out of a gram of coke :crazyeyes

To be fair, if you've got proper coke, it's surprising how little you need to get a decent buzz...especially if you're wanting to avoid being completely fucked.
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote:
    To be fair, if you've got proper coke, it's surprising how little you need to get a decent buzz...especially if you're wanting to avoid being completely fucked.

yeh but good coke isn't everywhere, you're not going to get 20 lines out of your average gram, and who makes thin lines anyway, most people just take a good wee bit out and cut it into biggish line.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    yeh but good coke isn't everywhere, you're not going to get 20 lines out of your average gram, and who makes thin lines anyway, most people just take a good wee bit out and cut it into biggish line.

True :yes:
  • Options
    twenty lines out of a gram... i wish :eek2:
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    I guess if the cocaine was nigh on completely pure then you could get 20 lines out of it, but most people wouldnt.
    agreed bong.
    big mug of coffee round here ...60p to a quid ...leaving more money available for propper stimulants.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Just read something in the 'Daily Mail' that's made me laugh...

They are suggesting that a line of Cocaine costs as little as a cappuccino. They say a gram can be bought for £39, why not just say £40?? Apparently in East Anglia prices are most expensive at £47 a gram...

This is the greatest part though, I quote "With users able to get up to 20 lines from that amount, that works out at £1.95 a hit, making cocaine cheaper than a cappuccino at many designer coffee shops" Are these guys for real!!!

They go on to suggest "A new breed of users typically includes those who split a gram with friends at weekends"

And this.... "An 1/8th of resin, which is enough for around 20 joints" These guys, what are they smoking!!

Talk about shite information!!

can u possibly post a link?

My friend here in the US was talking to me about it although she doesnt know much about the drug. At first i thought she meant a GRAM of coke was cheaper than a cup of coffee and for one minute i got really excited thinking about coming back for university and having coke only be £3 a gram........ durrr
  • Options
    SOPH1A wrote:
    At first i thought she meant a GRAM of coke was cheaper than a cup of coffee
    me too!
  • Options
    Check out http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ should be on there somewhere....
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Check out http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ should be on there somewhere....
    but then theres always the next day ...
  • Options
    I cant find the article at dailymail.co.uk...

If any one has it please can u post a link?
  • Options
    I found a link for you from another forum

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1433803,00.html

:D