Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help me with money!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i got my student loan in today only just covered my overdraft!! how do people manage their money?please give me some tips!! i am looking for a job to help me!thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Not spending it ever works quite well.
  • Options
    you still have your overdraft though - you can still spend that money. ok so it's the banks money but you're just in the same sort of situation that you were before.

i really wish i could start my year again, i have been so stupid with money. paying for it now though.
  • Options
    I was really stupid with money last year, really stupid. Only just managed to pay off my overdraft over the summer and am ok now, thankfully. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and be really harsh with yourself over what you do actually need.
  • Options
    Get a job working sat nite, as this is the most expensive night to go out generally you save double. once by not spending cash and twice by earning at the same time.

You have a massive overdaft so cut it in half by moving half of your overdraft to a new bank account so that you have it but its hard to get at and you can now only spend £500 instead of £1000 for example.

Dont spend money, get £30 out at the start of the week and give your cashcard to a m8 who wont give it back till next week.

Bopz
  • Options
    Check out our student money section and this cash flow section - they both have info about budgeting, managing debt etc. Good luck!
    :)