Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mushrooms Vs Truffles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been interested in trying out mushrooms for a while now, but in my investigation i found Philosophers Stone Truffles...that are apparently pretty much the same as mushrooms except easier on a beginners mind and stomach than mushies are...something about a mellower, more easily handled trip?
Anyone had any experiences with both mushrooms and truffles and can offer me a good comparison?
Cheers

Peace

Comments

• Options
    They are one and the same thing really, all mushrooms will have slightly differing ratios of the two main ingredients but they are really very similar.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    If you are having trouble finding information, try searching under their latin name, Psilocybe Tampanensis Sclerotia. No luck on Erowid this time I'm afraid - first time ever!! But check your PM's Almighty Bob.
  • Options
    They might be weaker weight for weight, but in terms of the active ingredient they will be almost exactly the same (to the point of it making no difference) to mushrooms.
  • Options
    loads of people have said truffles are easier but for me i think its the other way round!! i shit myself both times on truffles, i did on mushrooms as well juss nowhere near enough!! ive later found out no hallucinogenic agrees with me!!! DOH!!! oh well never mind! theres always alcohol!
  • Options
    Thanks Budda.

Thanks Jade.

I shall investigate further...probably end up going for the mushrooms anyway since theyre more readily available...any general does or donts for the virgin trip-ee?

Peace
  • Options
    I haven't taken each of these enough times to comment properly but from my experiences with truffles( the ones that were around over a year ago on the net) were brilliant, a bit like ecstacy in a way but still very trippy, i wish i had have taken a larger dose of them at the time though.

I've taken mexician and thai mushrooms before and i've found the thai to be alot more introspective and a stronger body buzz than the truffles.

They'r both good in my opinion and deserve to be ate alot.