Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a Sweaty Problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Over the last few weeks I've been reading the posts and various supplies on this site. Everyone is so helpful and it's a great place to get advice...I wish something liek this was about when I was younger as it would've been a big help

Anyway what I'm writing about it's a problem called Hyperhydrosis. Never heard of it? Didn't think so. Nascially if someone has this they sweat - not just a little but LOADS. Mostly this is under the arms, the face, the hands and the feet. Some others get it all over their body and it's not the nicest thing in the world

The reason I'm writing about this is because I have Hyperhydrosis and I thought I was the only one out there who suffers from excessive sweating. It can be a horrible thing, especially in summer. I started sweating loads during puberty and it's just carried on since then. YOu can't enjoy yourself properly, go on holiday anywhere hot or wear what clothes you want to wear because it's a really embarrassing problem as you can probably guess

I went to see a doctor when I was younger and he told me to go away. What I want to say to people is that if you suffer from this, there are treatments out there that can help. An excellent one is a roll-on called Dri-clor as it really helps the sweating

I just don't want people to go through what I did when they don't have to. If anyone out there has the same problem and would like to talk to someone about it get in touch as I don't want people to think they are the only ones out there.

Thanks

MIKE