Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

if theres one thing...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
that thesite has tought me, it's definatly never judge till you actually get to know people....

like when i first came on here. shyboy became like my best friend (which is great thing, but i would usualy never even talk to someone who was shy....he's not really that shy, but he's been a good mate to me all ther same, even if we don't talk to each other much). and then there's people like wobble...funny guys....but to be honest when i fiurst started reading his posts i was 100% sure that he was a personal slave to some dominatrix. and then there in kermit....to be honest, i was reasonably scared of him when i first came on here but he's actually a really nice guy (but then again i was in bit of a state wasn't i?), and then theres all the great friends i've made on here bong, wheremyplacebo, jazza, britjames just to name a few. infact i'd have to say that almost all the people on this site in someway or another have made a mark on my life. and unfortunatly where every you go you are gonna meet pricks in life, but even they have made a mark on my life.

so, i would like to say a big thank you to everyone here, and an extra big thank you to our lovely mods, who often go beyond their duty to help out.

so....what have you learnt? and NO FUCKING BITCHYNESS!!!

Comments

• Options
    no bitchyness!
    i find this place and thereby the people here ...absolutely fascinating ...
    i have driven over six hundred miles today ...mostly through snowdonia so not easy driving ...i get home and the first thing i do ...is come in here.
    i find you all so fucking interesting!
    this place is a real education to me ...
    thankyou ...every single one of you.
    yes ...even you lukesh.
  • Options
    Wahey!!! :D A Happy Thread!!! :D

Love ya xXx
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I have to admit that since I returned here (almost a year now) I've become A LOT more acceptive of opinions that completely oppose mine (I still need some work though). I don't remember how thesite had affected me back in 2001 though.
    At the same time, I also have to say that I've started worrying more too, which had also happened the first time. I suppose "you can't have a coin with only one side".
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    If there's one thing it's taught me is that you shouldn't judge people people from the way they look.
    We chat to each other without many of us knowing what we look like, hopw we dress and what sort of social group we belong to. We have 'chavs', 'goths' etc.. all chatting, and judging each other on the content of their posts rather than their appearence.
    It makes all these chav and goth haters look pretty fucking stupid.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I think I've only really talked to Hellboy off thesite... But if anyone wants to chat PM me and I'll give ya my msn.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I think I've only really talked to Hellboy off thesite... But if anyone wants to chat PM me and I'll give ya my msn.

i have you added but you are always away!

(and yes, KD Lang is female)

to be honest i have met so many amazingly lovely people on here, and i'm forever thankful to thesite for that.
  • Options
    Dunno, it's facinating stuff really, talking to people you can't ever really know, I like it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Dunno, it's facinating stuff really, talking to people you can't ever really know, I like it.
    tvweb12iv.gif
  • Options
    Indeed.
  • Options
    Re: if theres one thing...
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    and then there in kermit....to be honest, i was reasonably scared of him when i first came on here but he's actually a really nice guy

There goes my reputation :crying:
  • Options
    and then there's people like wobble...funny guys....but to be honest when i fiurst started reading his posts i was 100% sure that he was a personal slave to some dominatrix.
    so....what have you learnt? and NO FUCKING BITCHYNESS!!!
    :eek2: You never know. It depends upon when she lets me out of my box, and uncuffs my hands. :D As you say, you don't know people to begin with. :)

What has thesite taught me? About other people - there are still some morons out there with poor attitudes. There are people who seem hell bent on upsetting others for their own personal warped sense of satisfaction. There are some highly opinionated people out there - though mainly self-opinionated. There are some seriously screwed up people out there (mentally).
    I've learnt a lot about many subjects - drugs, self harm, sucide attempts, phobias, sexual hang-ups, eating disorders, personality disorders, etc, that have really opened my mind up to how other people think and percieve the world around them. It's made me more aware of the various problems that people suffer from - and that goes for the internet as a whole, not just thesite. It's facinating. It keeps drawing me back.
    In brief, I've learnt a bit more about the way people tick, and how they think. I've started to notice some of the problems people mention on here in people I know in real life - which I wouldn't have noticed otherwise. It's made me more aware. On the whole, I believe that the internet, and sites like thesite, are a true benifit to society. :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    tvweb12iv.gif
    Exactly! :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: if theres one thing...
    Originally posted by Kermit
    There goes my reputation :crying:

It's ok, you're still an evil bastard.
  • Options
    This website has been an excellent help for me. Unfortunately, I upset a number of people at the start by hijacking a number of threads and making inappropriate comments. However, I am glad that people have taught me here not to do that.
  • Options
    and then theres all the great friends i've made on here bong, wheremyplacebo, jazza, britjames just to name a few.

And where's my name eh :p?

But seriously...this place...it's weird. Not in a bad way, but like...I left for a while because I was sick of all the Braintree-bashing...but then I came back. And I discovered that a lot of the people I thought were self-centered arses were actually really cool people (and no, I will not say who they are). I've learned a lot about myself and stuff...and like Mr_Wobble said...about self-harm, eating disorders etc that I never knew before, and that I wouldn't have known without like...first-hand experiences of it.

I met the wonderful Mr. Rich (ShyBoy) on TheSite, and he's become my very best friend in the world. I couldn't live without him, I really couldn't. And there are so many people on here that I love to bits, and if it hadn't been for this place, I wouldn't have them. Had I not come on here, I wouldn't have met all these people, and I probably would still be the shy little unconfident freak that I was when I moved to Essex. Then again...I also wouldn't have met Scott...but hey. There's always some bad things mixed in with the good eh :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: if theres one thing...
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    And where's my name eh :p?

you and many more too.....don't think i forgot you for one second....
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: if theres one thing...
    you and many more too.....don't think i forgot you for one second....

Damn straight :p
  • Options
    this site has taught me that there is such a ride wange of cultures within the uk masked behind an anonymity so we all know each other but we haven't got a clue, we see idiosyncracies and secrets in other people that their best friends and family will never know and we're confident in what we say, there's an honesty to it, sometimes it's just pure awful though, "whats your favourite type of cream custard" etc etc.