Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Having A Baby Shower!! But I don't know what games to play..?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dont worry, it's not me thats pregnant (hahah I learned the 1st time through) but I never had a baby shower because I wasn't ever planning to keep my baby.

My sister is 8 months and we are having a big baby shower for her with about 30 people. We have no clue what games to play. The ones we have so far are.....

-Getting toilet paper and guessing how big she is. (that'll be a funny one)

and there was another one too. oh and there is this one where its a matching game, kinda cheesey but it would be too boring for 30 people to stay involved :lol: My aunt was like "LETS PLAY BINGO!!!" :eek2: She even volunteered to wear her bingo pajamas. We were all like :yuck: Please spare us!

If you went to a baby shower or had one, what fun games did you play? My sister wants to just have a open house where she can open presents but I think it's mean to have people fly for 7 hours to just come see her for a couple minutes then leave. :o

Any suggesstions??

Comments

• Options
    Someone will probably come along and make me a liar now, but we don't really have those over here, although no doubt we will start to soon as this is turning into a backwater of America.

Maybe someone will have some bright ideas though if you're lucky!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Someone will probably come along and make me a liar now, but we don't really have those over here, although no doubt we will start to soon as this is turning into a backwater of America.

Maybe someone will have some bright ideas though if your're lucky!

:crazyeyes Woaah..... do you have wedding showers either?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blnde_BombShell
    :crazyeyes Woaah..... do you have wedding showers either?

Er....no?

We have stag nights for the groom - takes the form of a pub crawl, traditional activities include drinking enough to sink an ocean liner, strippers and the groom ending up handcuffed naked to a lamppost, and hen nights for the bride - includes drinking enough to sink a liner, strippers and presents of chocolate willies, luminous vibrators etc. And the possibility of being arrested for drunk and disorderly for either party.

Of course, the above can be toned down somewhat, or avoided altogether if you've got any sense. ;)
  • Options
    Spin the bottle
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    although no doubt we will start to soon as this is turning into a backwater of America.

aye your right there an all.
  • Options
    i must be misunderstanding this thread ...you have 30 people with a baby in the shower?
    seriously i haven't a clue what your talking about here.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i must be misunderstanding this thread ...you have 30 people with a baby in the shower?
    seriously i haven't a clue what your talking about here.

LOL!

Before a baby's born, loads of people go round with presents for the mother etc :p

Americanism etc etc
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    LOL!

Before a baby's born, loads of people go round with presents for the mother etc :p

Americanism etc etc
    how boring!
  • Options
    how boring!

lol.. same goes with wedding showers...

for women only..

presents for the bride...

blah blah blah..
  • Options
    Originally posted by Reese_86
    lol.. same goes with wedding showers...

for women only..

presents for the bride...

blah blah blah..

Our Stag nights over here are so much better :p
  • Options
    yes ...lets keep them!
    anything to do with american customs seems to ALWAYS be about money ...how sad.
  • Options
    back to the baby shower ...if people are buying presents ...where do the games come into this?
  • Options

oh.. we have bachelor and bachelorette parties too..

:)
  • Options
    yes ...lets keep them!
    anything to do with american customs seems to ALWAYS be about money ...how sad.

Actually my mom was at a baby-shower for the first time, a while ago, and she said that it was such a good idea as everyone gets something useful for the child and therefore for young couples it really helps them out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Actually my mom was at a baby-shower for the first time, a while ago, and she said that it was such a good idea as everyone gets something useful for the child and therefore for young couples it really helps them out.
    but that happens without any kind of event anyway in my experiences of life.
    i have kids and even four grandchildren ...as soon as someone is expecting a child ...we start buying things.
    surely this is the way it has always been?
  • Options
    but that happens without any kind of event anyway in my experiences of life.
    i have kids and even four grandchildren ...as soon as someone is expecting a child ...we start buying things.
    surely this is the way it has always been?

In my family I know that my grandmother and uncles at any occasion offer their help in any way they can. Practical and financial.
    But as far as I know this is not the case in every family or friends circle.

People view my mom as a saint when she offers to pick up friends kids from school when they cant make it themselves or lends them my brother and my old pushvhair etc.