Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

id cards are that pointless that

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
charles clarke has labelled opponents as wooly liberals

yet somehow baroness thatcher think theyre stupid, and is she a wooly liberal :lol:

Comments

• Options
    May I ask why you create new threads all the times, when there are existing threads on the matter, started by... erm, yourself?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    May I ask why you create new threads all the times, when there are existing threads on the matter, started by... erm, yourself?

Topic whore?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

cause specific parts of the debate tend to be taken off target, can i ask someone who backs them

"Will I, as an ordinary citizen, have the right to demand production of another citizen's ID card? If not, why not? If we are no longer trusted to tell the truth to figures of authority about who we are without physical proof, why should we trust each other?"
  • Options
    can someone just list reason that justify the cost?

im against it cause

it errodes civil liberties

it will be able to fake them no matter what the government says so wont reduce terroism

it will remove the presumption im innocent until proven guilty, if ive commited no crime than other to not have one, why should i have topay up or go to prison?

i cant name a single country that has had them where they dont have the problem we already have with fraud

its a waste of money

and what if, well its more what would happen when[] someone decides to hack the network and alter everyones info or delete it

ps im not a post whore i just am verging on violently opposing them, since if its there to stop apparant terroism, we're creating a scoiety which these fanatic want
  • Options
    and shows how undemocratic it is such that the overall inofrmation isnt available to parliament but is left to the home secretery to edit as he feels fit before it goes to parliament

One of the details which most astounded observers, when the Identity Cards Bill 2005 was published, was that the level of oversight — much criticised in the Draft Bill — was weakened even further in the actual Bill introduced to Parliament.

The Bill establishes, in clause 24, a National Identity Scheme Commissioner, who will report not to Parliament but to the Home Secretary. Whilst the Home Secretary must lay copies of the Commissioner’s annual reports before Parliament, he has ensured that clause 25(4) provides him with broad powers to edit these reports beforehand.
  • Options
    i believe this is what the home office claims they will solve

To tackle illegal working and immigration abuse;
    To disrupt the use of false and multiple identities by organised criminals and those involved in terrorist activity;
    To help protect people from identity fraud and theft
    To improve public confidence and strengthen our security
    To ensure free public services are only used by those entitled to them;
    To enable easier and more convenient access to public services.

all will happen still, since orgnaised crime always finds a way to fake info
  • Options
    Good way to go about it too, posting on a bulletin board everyday.
  • Options
    "charles clarke has labelled opponents as wooly liberals"
    Let us not forget that Charles Clarke was a Marxist in the 1970s.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    ps im not a post whore i just am verging on violently opposing them, since if its there to stop apparant terroism, we're creating a scoiety which these fanatic want

Would you literally 'violently' oppose them?

I don't object to having an ID card at all, but I object to paying for one. If they want me to have one they should jolly well give it to me.
  • Options
    they can give me one all they want but they'll have to give me a god damn good reaosn why i should show it to any pig copper.
  • Options
    Is there anyone using this forum who supports ID cards?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Is there anyone using this forum who supports ID cards?

apparently not, why do you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    apparently not, why do you?

:lol:

Have just written to my local MP asking if he supports his party's line. He a true blue Tory and I can't see how he can, given many of the other things he has said in the past...

Planning my own littering campaign against him if he does...
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Would you literally 'violently' oppose them?

I don't object to having an ID card at all, but I object to paying for one. If they want me to have one they should jolly well give it to me.

if it ever came down to it being compulsory or a fine/prison sentence, i would... seriously

i thought this country was a social democracy, seems we aint anymore