Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Growing my own

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have decided I am definately going to start growing my own weed.

It will be in a friends house until I get my own place.

I'm not looking to make any real profit from this, it will just be for my own pleasure, and my closest friends (the ones who will keep their mouths shut anyway!) - I will sell extremely minor quantities to a handful of chosen ones just to get my money back for the kit and electric it will use.

Anyway, obviously there are risks concerned with the law. I don't want to take ANY risks these days in going to prison. If I can be honest (and I know everyone says it) - I doubt I'll ever get caught. I wont be telling pretty much ANYONE, and I can put my hand on my heart for the people who will know, they know a lot worse things that have happened to me already !!

But my question really is how many plants should I grow so if I did ever get caught not to get in shit?

Also - if I take a crop, how long will the weed stay good for?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    three plants.
    green doesn't keep as long as solid.
    when the cop ter flies over your house ...they usualy have the heat detector on ...so keep it small.
    if you keep lizards and snakes ...that explains the heat ...or have large chicken sheds ...
    Nice one mate you're a star.

3 plants it is then.

I've been researching for ages but it's one of those things where there is so much info I think it takes a while for it all to click without thinking fuck! something else I need to find out!

I'm thinking of growing really so I can sample other types, I was going to try a Northern Lights & Big Bud for one. ...

But there are so many.

Anyone got any recommendations?

PM me if anyone is a pro on this, cheers :thumb:
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast

Anyone got any recommendations?

depends what effects your after

knock you out of your tree, then i would suggest purple haze..

but my favourite for i high so far has got to be what someone sold to me as 'Red Beard' has real dark orange hairs on it, close to red if you know what i mean
    overgrow.com is a good site if you havn't seen it already..

Sorry Nash, I took the link out as we can't be seen to be encouraging this in any way. LadyJ
    Recomendations? Well not publicly advertising it might have been a good idea.

Yes you may say the police have better things to be doing, and they do, but that does NOT mean they wont bust you. Many many cops are petty bastards who would like an easy bust like this.

If you are going to then I think its actually when you pick rather than the breed which really makes a difference. Always pick just as the first hairs are turning slightly orange, you get less weight but the high is much lighter, much less stonny.

Something like a Northern Lights strain will do nicely for this, avoid things like Purple Haze because although strong it tends to be too heavy.

I would grow in soil if I were you at first, hydro is quite complex and for a novice you will probably kill off more plants than actually grow. Soil is more forgiving, as is organic fertiliser because you cant really go over the top with it.

Always make sure the soil is light, add vermicilite or perlite to it to loosen it out.

I've wanted to do the same for a while, but frankly I know I'd end up with too much and selling weed has always struck me as FAR too much work for the reward.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Recomendations? Well not publicly advertising it might have been a good idea.
    :yes: Seconded. Cheese, I'm sure you don't need to be reminded of your responsibilities by any of us - please think this through carefully and be very careful.

The penalties for being caught growing with ntent to supply are pretty steep, I'll post a link to the law in a minute...
    Well having an ounce on you is definately going to be 'with intent' and thats potentially up to 14 years.

This of course is unlikely, but you are looking at a nasty criminal record and quite a lot of community service.
    Yeah but I doubt the cops would be able to trace me, my IP is spoofed and i surf via several proxies ;)

Yeah I know there's risks which is why I don't want to get caught, especially not with intent...

But I just think its a load of BS we can't grow our own in this country!
    Well having an ounce on you is definately going to be 'with intent' and thats potentially up to 14 years.

i know of many people who have been busted over the last couple of years with nine bars ...the intent to supply has fallen through on all of them as it was still in one piece ...no little placky bags were found on the people or the premises so no evidence of dealing.
    two different people i know have been busted with 4oz of green ...again no evidence of dealing so only a possesion charge.
    Surely its possesion with intent not growing?

Would the penalties be worse for growing a few ounces compared to buying a nine bar with mates that we usually do?

This of course is unlikely, but you are looking at a nasty criminal record and quite a lot of community service.

You aren't going to done for having an ounce of grass, unless you're very unlucky.
    if you really want to grow your own, move to canada or holland or the many mnay many other countries that you can do it.

don't chance it. if you do get busted they could involve the SS and all sorts.

i know someone who had her 6 month old baby taken away from her because she was growing.
    the SS? you mean like himmler? :p

i don't mean to sound harsh but the person you knew was fucking stupid growing weed in a house where she had a young child.

am guessing CheeseOnToast won't ahve this problem anyways! ;):lol:
    Nope - not my house ;)
    Originally posted by Spliffie
    You aren't going to done for having an ounce of grass, unless you're very unlucky.

Yes, I know, but that doesnt mean it doesnt happen, and quite often.

Rolly; If people you know have gotten away with 9 bars then thats surprising, I dont think that is a countrywide thing.
    I thought he meant one nine bar ?

How you doing anyway bong?
    Still nine ounces is a difficult 'personal' case isnt it. I really wouldnt want to get busted with that much. At the rate I consume it a 9 bar would last me about 9 years anyway.

Me? Yeah, I'm alright, busy though.

I drank too much with my mates on Friday so I still feel a little delicate. I've never really liked wine or scotch but they were free!
    Haha free drink is always a downfall :thumb:
    Indeed, apart from £2.40 on chips I spent nothing all night and was more than a little tipsy.

1/2 bottle of wine, about 1/3rd bottle scotch and then a strong belgian beer. Not a massive binge but a bit too much for me, I dont drink that much at all.
    Haha I know what ya mean.

I'm knackard, this is my 6th 12 hour shift this week :(
    Originally posted by J
    Never sell it, keep a few plants for your own leisurely use - No worries. Plus you'll actualy be doing the government a favour by reducing demand from the criminal growers.

The government will be very appreciative, i'm sure.

:rolleyes:
    Heh, too true - I bet a few of the politicians wouldn't say no to a toke or two, offthe record. I'd bet a rather substantial amount that there's a few private stoners in the Houses...

Edit - while we're on the subject, anybody bought anything off of KingBong.com? Any problems?
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    Yeah but I doubt the cops would be able to trace me, my IP is spoofed and i surf via several proxies ;)

Yeah I know there's risks which is why I don't want to get caught, especially not with intent...

But I just think its a load of BS we can't grow our own in this country!
    thats the best thing i have heard when you have faceparty and pics of you with your full name and even area.
    Oh yes your are a clever bunny arnt you mr proxie.
    .matt
    Originally posted by intrigue
    thats the best thing i have heard when you have faceparty and pics of you with your full name and even area.
    .matt
    there are thousands of people on the internet now saying they are growing cannabis ...we want thousands more to start saying the same thing.
    we want a million people saying it ...defying these stupid laws and making them even more unworkable than they already are.
    .matt

You moron. Go on any forum and theres a 90% chance someone will have something about weed in their name, signature, links etc.

Do you think theres some kind of special free speech police who send people round to your house if you type about what you get up to? Theres a lot of liars on the net.

Stop being so bitter.

.Duffy
    .matt

I was joking anyway - you cock.

Sorry mr matt - you are just too loser for words.
    Originally posted by Doofay
    You moron. Go on any forum and theres a 90% chance someone will have something about weed in their name, signature, links etc.

Do you think theres some kind of special free speech police who send people round to your house if you type about what you get up to? Theres a lot of liars on the net.

Stop being so bitter.

.Duffy

So if you were growing your own plants, you wouldn't have a problem with mentioning it on a forum with a link to a faceparty profile with your details on it?

Now that's what I would call moronic.
    I was just wondering that, lol.

Normally the people who think they are "untraceable" are the easiest to track down.
    Be careful what you admit to on a forum mate, there are plenty of coppers who would jump at the chance to get someone who admits to growing cannabis for supply on a public message board.

Especially Welsh ones :lol:

Like others have said, penalty for selling weed is potentially the same as selling heroin, 14 years inside.
    Although unlikely, a criminal record for supplying drugs will severely hurt your chances of getting a decent job.
    i'll have you know that there are hundreds of people growing weed in wales ...that much that it realy has become a part of the welsh economy.
    and ...if you visit wales and get chatting to someone in a pub and ask them what they do for a living ...even if your in a fucking coppers uniform ...they may well turn round to you and say ...i grow cannabis.
    the english are to blame of course.
    there was a hippy exodus in the late sixties early seventies of hippies from citys all over the uk to the welsh hills.
    these people are now late forties to early seventies and smoking their crops.
    the police have known these people for thirty forty years ...they gave up arresting these people about twenty years ago mostly ...cos they are very nice hard working farming families. and not criminals.
    the police know everything there is to know about me ...i no longer have anything to hide and lying and denying is pointless.
    absolutely pointless.
    there is no way i can go in front of another judge and pretend it's not happening ...they stopped believeing ...with good common sense ...everything i ever i had to say!
    you youngtsers be paranoid ...while us old folk keep the stuff growing and the imports flowing.
    have a great new year.
    legalise it ...people my age aren't realy arsed either way ...
    lol, you're lucky to have laid back coppers.
    Where I work they do "purges" every few years :lol: