Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Overpopulation

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by nckdn
    Kissinger's prediction
    not a prediction but a plan i'm afraid.
  • Options
    Maybe when people start producing semen a sample is frozen in a huge semen bank.

Then the people are chemically neuteured.

So no one can can make babies without permission.

That way you could also automatically anyone who commited serious crimes etc too.

Yay.
  • Options
    The Chinese could solve their problem with a very strict 'one child policy', reinforced with economic penalties, social censure, education programmes and so on. The Chinese people were willing to go along with a population control programme for the good of their whole society. As the Chinese become more prosperous that'll change. But even if the British recognised the problem of overpopulation in their own country, and cared about it's effects abroad, would they be willing to adjust their lifestyles and put the greater good before their own personal interest? Would they accept the state telling them to have just one child, that they should reduce their consumption of imported goods and fuels, that they should look after their parents in old age, and so on? I don't think they would, our 'freedom' seems to mean only one thing, the freedom to be selfish, lazy, greedy, consumers, without social conscience. Kissinger's prediction or something similar will certainly happen eventually, because more of the world's people are getting sucked into the consumerist amoral mindset of the West, and if we are unable to live responsibly in such a society, will they?

Britain is not overpopulated.
  • Options
    But even if the British recognised the problem of overpopulation in their own country,

A problem has to exist before it can be recognised.

I have a feeling that what you really mean is that you want a tougher immigration policy which stops all those horrid blakcs and muslims from enetering the country.

Seriously, what eveidence is there to support your assertion that the UUK is overpopulated.

Would it be the fact that more house are empty that there a homeless people? Would it be that we have enough food to feed ourselves and still throw mountains away?

What exactly is your evidence?
  • Options
    The solution is to kill the niggers and pakis, leaving the dominant and superior white people to enjoy more lebensraum.

Ain't that right nckdn?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The solution is to kill the niggers and pakis, leaving the dominant and superior white people to enjoy more lebensraum. Ain't that right nckdn?

It's unfair Kermit, to suggest I hold views like this. I don't. I've never used language like that in my life, or held those opinions.
  • Options
    It's unfair Kermit, to suggest I hold views like this. I don't. I've never used language like that in my life, or held those opinions.
  • Options

Do you believe in racial separatism?
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    this attitude realy pisses me off ...

I don't hold that attitude.... It's jst what we'll have to do if we want to survive long term.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    I don't hold that attitude.... It's jst what we'll have to do if we want to survive long term.

define long term.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonRat
    if who wants to survive ...a handfull of rich white folk?
    somebody work out for me please ...the nearest star is 4.5 light years away ...how many millions of miles is that?
    it looks like it has no planets around it. so where are we going again?
    and ...the attitude moon is one of we have fucked up we're going to have to leave at some point ...that to me says we can't fix what we already have ...in abundance!
  • Options
    One light year is 5878499810000miles. The nearest star is 26453249145000 miles away. We don't even know if we can live on those planets. Assuming we went the speed of light, and nothing goes faster, it would take a 9 year round trip to the nearest star. We can't go the speed of light, it's physically impossible. We're not going anywhere.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    One light year is 5878499810000miles. The nearest star is 26453249145000 miles away. We don't even know if we can live on those planets. Assuming we went the speed of light, and nothing goes faster, it would take a 9 year round trip to the nearest star. We can't go the speed of light, it's physically impossible. We're not going anywhere.
    thankyou my dear ...those figures do my heed in!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Toadborg
    I assume that all these people, and yourself nckdn, will have no children, and will commit suicide soon?
    Since I don't see me having kids anytime in the near future, I'm probably contributing to this solution in a small way.

Then maybe someday I'll flit to Mars. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Captain Slog

Then maybe someday I'll flit to Mars. ;)
    wotchit cappen!
  • Options
    The Chinese 1-child policy did result in a lot of "murders". Chinese culture- for example confucianism- puts a lot of emphasis on filial piety, bringing pride to the family. They also want the family's name to be passed on, and most of this is still done through the males.

If a family had only one child, and it was a girl, quite often these would be left in the streets, unclaimed, and the family would try for a boy.

As everyone is saying, Britain is not overpopulated enough to warrant those measures. the problem is the demographic distribution, everyone crowds into the cities as there's a lot more entertainment and work.

if you want to balance it out, you end up destroying the beautiful countryside we have.
  • Options
    It also resulted in the state initiated murder of new born children. As a couples second child was born, the doctor would inject the brain to kill it.

That wouldn't even be justified if Britain was overpopulated. But seeing as nckdn can't even give supporting evidence to these boards, I cannot see how he thinks that the British public would agree with him.

Wassock.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    That wouldn't even be justified if Britain was overpopulated. But seeing as nckdn can't even give supporting evidence to these boards, I cannot see how he thinks that the British public would agree with him.

First post, Kunt.
    "Our islands cannot support it's human population...huge environmental costs...turning whole regions of the world into factories...cities overcrowded... countryside destroyed...inter-ethnic tension...scarce resources...travel and health systems cannot cope..."
    Some of these problems are directly caused by Britain's overpopulation, ALL would be improved by a reduction in population.
  • Options
    First post, Kunt.

Oh boy.

That was done years ago.

"Our islands cannot support it's human population...huge environmental costs...turning whole regions of the world into factories...cities overcrowded... countryside destroyed...inter-ethnic tension...scarce resources...travel and health systems cannot cope..."
    Some of these problems are directly caused by Britain's overpopulation, ALL would be improved by a reduction in population.

No they wouldn't.

And here we go back to killing the pakis...
  • Options
    First post, Kunt.

supporting evidence... facts, links, quotes... not your opinions!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

And here we go back to killing the pakis... [/B]

Please stop this. I've said I don't use language like that or have opinions like that. Did you read my response to your post in the 'buying Islamic votes' thread? How can you imagine that I want to kill Muslims? I actually admire them. You don't have to imagine what my opinions are, I'll post them. And what's wrong with you that your imagination is so unpleasant? I don't intend that as an insult, I seriously think you might have a problem.

Queenmab, I think these things are so obvious aren't they? What are you disputing?
  • Options
    We're disputing a lack of ANY EVIDENCE.
  • Options
    I meant to put up this link with the others, it follows on from one of 'em. From an environmental angle. UK specifics half way down.
    http://www.population-growth-migration.info/essays/HowMany2.html

Fiend_85 are you disputing a lack of any evidence, the lack of any evidence, or the presence of any evidence? Or are you disputing the obvious?
  • Options
    First post, Kunt.

Very mature. Do you feel the big man now?

Opinion, not backed up with any evidence, which is what I asked for.

I'm looking at the link you provided. Actually I'm looking at the whole website, gives me more information about the source...
  • Options
    Please stop this. I've said I don't use language like that or have opinions like that. Did you read my response to your post in the 'buying Islamic votes' thread? How can you imagine that I want to kill Muslims? I actually admire them. You don't have to imagine what my opinions are, I'll post them. And what's wrong with you that your imagination is so unpleasant? I don't intend that as an insult, I seriously think you might have a problem.

Queenmab, I think these things are so obvious aren't they? What are you disputing?

Do you believe in racial or cultural separatism? Yes/no answer.

[edited for grammar]
  • Options
    Fiend_85 are you disputing a lack of any evidence, the lack of any evidence, or the presence of any evidence? Or are you disputing the obvious?

Here, small words.

You, that nckdn, have not, or ever, provided, given, or shown us, any relevant, topical or reliable proof or evidence that gives weight to your opinions. You continue to avoid, and ignore, direct questions.
  • Options
    Opinion, not backed up with any evidence, which is what I asked for.

I'm looking at the link you provided. Actually I'm looking at the whole website, gives me more information about the source...

And I'm not convinced that the link you provided actually gives me the evidence I asked for. It seems to be looking at one agenda.

Guess which one...
  • Options
    And I'm not convinced that the link you provided actually gives me the evidence I asked for. It seems to be looking at one agenda. Guess which one...

I didn't post the last link to give you evidence. If you dispute my claims, you're disputing that fewer cars on the road would ease congestion, that natives in poor areas resent the settling of economic migrants, that Prescott wants to extend the concrete jungle, that we import food from around the world because we can't produce enough here, that farmland and wildlife have suffered because of intensive farming. You're disputing all this? And saying that if I don't google up scientific reports to prove it, that I am avoiding the discussion? Get a grip fella! I'm aware that one of the sites I linked to is avowedly against immigration. The concern about overpopulation leads to concern about immigration tho', not the other way round. I deliberately linked to a debate between two respected academics on the immigration aspect of the overpopulation problem to give some balance. I've read it thro' because I have an open mind about these issues (did you and Fiend_85?). In all countries in the developed world whose population is increasing, the rise is due to economic immigration from poorer countries. The increase in population leads to greater exploitation of the less developed countries, which in turn creates new economic migrants. At some point the craziness has to stop and the sooner the better.
    This is a good UK population site with a lot of information which might convince open-minded people that population issues are at least worth thinking about. I've added this link to the start of the thread too for any newlookers. http://www.optimumpopulation.org
  • Options
    Do you believe in cultural or racial separatism? Yes/no.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Do you believe in cultural or racial separatism? Yes/no.

I don't believe it's desireable or practically possible, do you?