Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Piercing Apprenticeship.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's my understanding, that if you become an apprentice, you get paid? Is that right? You don't have to pay to learn?

Because, I was told by my local piercer, that 'come back next yr when you're 18 and we'll sort you out with an apprenticeship'.

But now I'm told that my piercer and good friend, was charged over Three Grand, to train to become a piercer. Now, I'm 18 and in no way can I afford that. I didn't think you had to pay for an apprenticeship!?

Ilora x

Comments

• Options
    Hmm, not entirely sure but these links may help you:

teachernet

Apprenticeships
  • Options
    You don't have to pay for an apprenticeship, they pay you. usually a token wage.

But that's not the same as not having to pay to be taught.
  • Options
    Sounds like your freind went on a training course of her own accord and paid for it herself, rather than doing an apprenticeship, where an employer will pay for your training.
  • Options
    Nope Captain Slog, my piercer (a he, not a she!) was doing a 'piercing apprenticeship' but had to pay for it probably because the owner of the piercing place is a twat.

I think his boss is just out to make money. I'll have to look into other piercing parlours that know what an apprenticeship is. :rolleyes:

Ilora x