Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is Saudia Arabia next?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
See the link, then ask yourselves why the PFI/PPP mad British Government would insure Bae, to the tune of £1bn. Do they know that the US will be invading S.A. in the near future?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/armstrade/story/0,10674,1373154,00.html
In any case do you support further Western intervention in the region?

Comments

• Options
    Really think they'd attack them with their strong financial and political ties?
  • Options
    They wouldn't because they are George W's bestest buddies aren't they :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzo
    They wouldn't because they are George W's bestest buddies aren't they :rolleyes:

To be honest I am left to believe that while the US, and the west in general, does seem to gain a lot of advantages from this friendship, then the reason that meassures (not even diplomatic ones) aren't taken against them is because that we're afraid of the outcome it could cause. Not only financially.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    To be honest I am left to believe that while the US, and the west in general, does seem to gain a lot of advantages from this friendship, then the reason that meassures (not even diplomatic ones) aren't taken against them is because that we're afraid of the outcome it could cause. Not only financially.

Yeah, because they control a lot of the worlds oil. The West needs the oil.
  • Options
    I can't see any foreign power wanting to be seen as threatening Mecca just yet.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab

Good point.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab

Bloodless coup, reforming Prince installed, supported by CIA on ground? It's interesting that the anti-monarchy, and religious reform movements are becoming more vocal and inconceivable that CIA and MI6 don't have some contact with them. Maybe the Saudi connections are becoming too embarassing for Bush.
    http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/553289FC-4269-4C71-910A-E4CC032B4C60.htm