Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tick here to die

Tick box to die row

Hospitals are reportedly being told they can follow instructions from elderly patients to let them die.

A hospital trust has included in patients' notes a section to record requests that they should be allowed to die if they become critically ill.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Let them die I say. They want to die, yes? So why stop them? Personally if someone is critically ill and not giving them treatment would lead to their death, and they're ok with it, I don't see what the problem is (well, I know what critics would say the problem is).

As harsh as it sounds it might also save the NHS money if they don't have to administer expensive treatments to prolong someones life just a few extra days. Of course that is most definately not the main priority.

It isn't like the doctors are going to ask them whether or not they want to 'tick the box' - the patients would have to request it themselves.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing new.

The expression is DNR.