Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Clothes thief

This isn't anything to do with dirty beggars pinching knickers from washing lines (would I write such a thing), but is maybe equally bizarre. I only remembered this and wanted to bring it up cos I bumped into an old school chum today and she mentioned it. Anyway, "it" is this friend we had who used to steal my clothes.

Think it was about two years ago, when I went to college outside my local area so didn't have many people to just hang around with of a night. There was one girl I got on quite well with, got the bus with etc, and we used to go to one another's houses a couple of nights a week. Sometimes though, when we would fall asleep in front of the telly or she would decide to sleep over, I'd wake up in the morning and she'd have bolted. It's a bit weird not saying bye, but anyway I didn't think much of it and went on with my life ;) A month or two after she started coming to mine a lot though, I started noticing my "nice" clothes going missing. Just a top or a necklace or something, and I (naturally) just assumed I was cracking up. Around this point I got a Saturday job at Monsoon, and we had to wear the stock as our uniform (obviously had to pay a bit for it!) so it was important that I had the clothes to wear to work. I got a couple of tops, jeans, skirts and then most of them went missing too. I looked in the washing basket, under my bed and everywhere else I could think of. Nowhere to be found. Then I bumped into this friend in town one day and although she had a denim jacket on, I could clearly see she had one of my tops on underneath. I felt like a right idiot, obviously not wanting to accuse her in the street, but I was positive it was my top she was wearing. Anyway, as time went by I found a couple of other things of mine in her room...a necklace, a tunic-y top thing, shoes...all of which she then said I'd allowed her to borrow. I mean, of course I'd have let her if she'd asked...but it was all so bloody bizarre that I just let it go.

Obviously I just kind of broke contact after that, and I can happily say that I now know where all my clothes are; I just think it's such a weird thing for someone to do. Anyone else known people to do this? I don't even know if it's "borrowing without asking" or just plain nicking!! Since I doubt she was going to sneak them back into my room when she was done. My boyfriend said it was her trying to sabotage my clothes so she'd look better when we went out, but that makes no sense to me since she was never really all that interested in fashion or owt like that!? I know this is a pointless post, and I'm probably the only one with such a bizarre story (that probably shouldn't be in relationships, I know - maybe fashion :lol: ) Anyone ever heard anything of the sort?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    That is so, so strange. One of my housemates is the same size as me and we often "nick" eachothers clothes, but we have both said that the other can take what they want as long as they say. Just taking without even saying "I have nicked your top mate, hope you don't mind" is well weird. Strange people in this world.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_ha
    One of my housemates is the same size as me and we often "nick" eachothers clothes, but we have both said that the other can take what they want as long as they say.

Aye, that wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I lend stuff out all the time willy-nilly (hee!) so she was obviously just a freaky deek.

Never good when you can't let your friend be alone with your clothes though ;)
  • Options
    Strange girl. Was it only clothes then, or was she just a klepto?
  • Options
    maybe she couldnt afford nice clothes? or maybe she just liked your style a lot? i think either she had a problem with stealing or couldnt afford the clothes, both are wrong but it can be quite understandable. anyway i wouldnt have her round again, id find it a bit weird if someone just left before i got up without so much as a bye, best to move on though dont dwell on it too much and try not to start rumours, even mentioning it to people can lead to nasty rumours going around which could come back to you :)