Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fuck Buddies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone got/had a fuck buddy?

How does the 'system' you've developed work? And how did it start?

I'm intrigued by the concept, and guess it's quite hard because most people wouldn't be able to detach themselves from possesive feelings about their f/b.

Barry

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks for this... I have read this before, and it's good for a brief explanation, but I'm still interested in hearing personal opinions.
  • Options
    Re: Fuck Buddies
    Originally posted by barry
    Has anyone got/had a fuck buddy?

No.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    I think most people end up with by shagging thier ex.

most of the time yeah. i had a fb once, and it was a big no no, jealousy was the main reason why.
  • Options
    Maybe im weird, but ive had a number of encounters that you would call "fuck buddies".

One of them was an ex, and we basically never stopped...we were best friends after the split and then we started sleeping together and just didnt stop.
    But the others came out of friendships. Mostly short lived but im still friends with them all.
    I dont think its a matter of detaching yourself from feelings, i just think its a matter of knowing the game before you play. I mean, it doesnt take a genius to figure out if they have feelings for a certain person or just want them physically....and in the case of fuck buddies, for me anyway, the feelings were friends and nothing more....with the physical attraction on the side. I never wanted to go out with any of these people, and vice versa, so there wasnt a messy situation. So like i said, i think its just a matter of knowing the way things lie before anything happens....

Peace
  • Options
    I have in the past. It was quite short lived - only about a month, I think. He was the best mate of a guy I was briefly seeing (yes, I know how bad that sounds!).. something to do with they both came on to me at the pub one night, and I chose the one I didn't know (have known the one who ended up as my FB for about 15 years, to recognise in the street and smile hi at, at least!) but that didn't work out cos the one who turned into my FB kicked off at his mate cos he liked me more... or something like that! (silly little boys arguments!). We got chatting and it somehow turned into an "arrangement". Was all fine until we started on the "where is this heading?" chat and there were a lot of crossed wires and him thinking I wanted more when I didn't and then him telling me he wanted more and then changing his mind and yet getting jealous at me having other lad mates (who I've known all my life!!)..

But anyway, in conclusion, not something I'd get into again, simply because of all the mixed feelings. I guess it depends on the people involved, but the guy I got with obviously wasn't mature/stable enough to just handle it being purely "just sex".