Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ex is gay!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just found out that my ex is gay! I cant believe this, when I was with him he was like girls mad, he cheated on me n stuff. I dont know if to tell me fella or not:confused:

Im just shocked! :eek:

Comments

• Options
    what happened?

when I went to men from woman my ex went mad saying shed turned me straight and must have been a crap gf
  • Options
    Well his bro told me this evening when I went to shops. He cheated on me, and left me for the girl he cheated on me. They split up and he had other relationships, but at the weekend he came out and told everyone.

I just dont get it, I aint blaming my self cos we ended ages ago. Its just when we was together, any good looking girl went past, he would look. He had such a roving eye!:mad: How can he go to being gay just like that?? He finished his g/f and a week later told everyone he was gay.

I feel mad at him, for cheating on me, for putting me through all that pain, for nothing.

So, shall I just leave it and tell noone, or just tell me fella??:confused:
  • Options
    tricky one here

I think I would tell my feela if I was you. It might be having an affect on your moods which in turn might lead him to wonder why you are being quiet or withdrawn.

its tricky I can kind of imagine the minefield of emotions you have right now
  • Options
    Originally posted by Briony
    Its just when we was together, any good looking girl went past, he would look. He had such a roving eye!:mad: How can he go to being gay just like that?? He finished his g/f and a week later told everyone he was gay.

denial?

one of my distant exes left me for a bloke. he always used to pretend to fancy girls. never really did though. apart from me, apparently. not sure how to take that. i remember being quite offended :lol: it's funny now. wasn't at the time. i went round asking everyone if they thought i was masculine for about a year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    denial?

one of my distant exes left me for a bloke. he always used to pretend to fancy girls. never really did though. apart from me, apparently. not sure how to take that. i remember being quite offended :lol: it's funny now. wasn't at the time. i went round asking everyone if they thought i was masculine for about a year.

Probs, he did used to say that his bro picked on him, cos he 'sounded' gay:confused:
  • Options
    Yeah, sounds like he was trying to convince himself that he was straight by sleeping around and acting like a typical bloke.
  • Options
    Just out of interest, why would your fella mind?
  • Options
    [*gone*
  • Options
    Originally posted by swank
    Eithier that or he didn't fancy you but wanted to save your feelings?

possibly. but seems odd as this was about a year after we broke up, and he said i was the only girl he could ever love, and not only should we get back together, we should get married :crazyeyes
  • Options
    Originally posted by SuicideBlonde
    Yeah, sounds like he was trying to convince himself that he was straight by sleeping around and acting like a typical bloke.
    Oi - that's not fair. There are some of us that are decent, don't go stereotyping please.

Briony - tell your fella, if you think he should know. But im not sure why he needs to know. Might upset him.
  • Options
    Perhaps he just changed? Your not set to 'straight' 4 life!
  • Options
    Why would Briony's current boyfriend be upset that her ex is gay? It's none of his business. Or anyone's to be frank.

Briony, I can't tell you why your ex has suddenly come out but the fact that he used to be apparently "girl crazy" or whatever has nothing to do with it. People can go to great lengths to convince themselves / other people that they're straight.