Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Priliminary Survey: Perceptions of drug sharing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(NB:First of all i know that there is a similar thread already on this board, but I needed to start another one for reasons which will become clear:))

Hi guys;

I am at present preparing to undertake a study into peoples perceptionsto, and attitudes of, law and consequence in relation to the ad-hoc and non-profit supply of narcotics within recreational usage groups (whew!)...basically the sort-out-your-mates system.

I have a few questions i would like to put to you, feel free to answer at whatever length you feel comfortable :)

In addition i have already cleared this with the mods, uder the condition that the information here will only be used to focus our original research, and will not be published, transmitted to any third parties, modified or anything else.

Also i feel that i must point out what is written in the board rules relating to your replies; everything you post here is in a public forum and therefore all legal implications of providing this information should be kept in mind when posting.

The questions may seem direct or obvious to some of you, but they are designed to let you provide your own full reasoning behind your actions, we wouldnt want to put words into your mouths or make assumptions.

So here goes;

1) Do you / have you ever bought more of a substance (please specify) than was needed for yourself, with a view to supplying freinds on a non profit basis (please give details)

2) If yes to the above, what legal concerns if any did you have for your actions? Did/has this affect/ed your behaviour?

3)Did you have any other concerns about your actions and how if at all did they guide them?

Many thanks in advance for your replies :)

Comments

• Options
    Re: Priliminary Survey: Perceptions of drug sharing
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir

1) Do you / have you ever bought more of a substance (please specify) than was needed for yourself, with a view to supplying freinds on a non profit basis (please give details)

2) If yes to the above, what legal concerns if any did you have for your actions? Did/has this affect/ed your behaviour?

3)Did you have any other concerns about your actions and how if at all did they guide them?

Many thanks in advance for your replies :)

1) i always buy an extra 2 or 3 pills for my mates as said in previous thread

2)wat do u mean legal concerns, freaking out in case i was done for dealing, and if thats the case then no and has't affected behaviour, i'm just mad and hyperactive pretty much all the time

3) once i freaked out giving a mate a pill for the first time, like his first time, didn't know how he would react but he turned out all right so no not really and i don't care about the cops, they're never around my way, i'm more concerned about the provos.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes I used to buy in excess of a hundred pills for use for a large group of my mates. I used to move them on for a price which meant mine came free.

I never really had any concerns about the law. Where I live you can get away with anything.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    1. yes i do get extra pills for m8s and also smoke when were buying in quantity. i also get some coke for mates. i dont make profit off it, its just a favor... ok maybee i did make a bit of profit over one or 2 jerk offs

2. didnt and wont get caught, were wise ppl ;)

3. no, i never care about the law... if i did i wouldnt have tried drugs would i ? i mean, if everyone had to keep thinking of the law the world would be much worse off...
  • Options
    I think this is something that almost everyone who is involved in the drug market does at some point or another.

If you really want to push it, skinning up a joint and then sharing it is dealing, though I doubt they would ever bust you for it.

Its certainly a concern because there seems to be, in the mind of many users there is a distinction between buying for mates and actually being a dealer, when in law they are one and the same.
  • Options
    i dont go out and buy extra cannabis for mates, however as i have said before i feel rude if someone comes to my house and i can't offer them a smoke.

as for the law im of the opinion of, as long as its in your home it should be a case of, its your home as long as its not blatently used in front of young kids then it should be okay....
  • Options
    when i used to smoke weed i'll end up buying an ounce and selling it all off fot amtes so i got mine for free.

as for when i get pills, when i can afford it i do tend to buy a few more than i need so if any mates need one than i can share it out or sell on at price it cost.

not worried at all to be honest. it's only ever gonna be at an afterparty or passing on one or two pills to someone in a club.

i have no worries about my actions, all my mates have done drugs for a lot longer than i have and are in general sensible with what they do and take.
  • Options
    Drug Sharing=Prison Term

Question 1-

I didnt start out buying more than I needed that started when I learned I could buy more for less. Then I figured out that I could give the extra to my friends and my dope would be free. Then after a while it became a life style.

Question 2-

I had 4 sealed indictments for delivery of meth. A friend wore an ankle wire and bought dope. I had never been in trouble before-NONE. I received (2) 5 year sentences. I did 19 months in the Texas Dept of Criminal Justice and 2 months in a half-way house, and I am on parole until 2007.

Question 3-

I had no idea that what I was doing could land me in prison. I really just thought I had the hook up so I helped my friends out. I didn't make lots of money or anything. Basically just supporting the habit. I am from a good family and I am smart. I lost custody of my children, my career, and everything I owned and I honestly didn't know what I was doing was going to change my life so drastically.:crying:
  • Options
    i genuinely don't know whether to believe you or not, your posts are so surreal.