Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Reserve Price on eBay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I thought you would put a Reserve Price for how ever much you wanted. If I didn't want to tell an item for less than 10 quid I thought I was able to set a reserve for a tenner.

What happens then if there is no reserve? Who ever bids on an item for say 2 quid will get it for 2 quid?

Comments

• Options
    They did say they were changing minimum reserves to 50 quid i think but I'm not sure if that was implemented.

If you have a reserve and it does not reach that price, then the item will not sell, simple as. The auction ends with no winner.

Alternately, you can set a higher start price, this will cost you a bit more I think in insertion fee but means noone can bid at all unless it's over that price.
  • Options
    And yes like you've said, if there's no reserve and someone bids then they get it for that price, however small the bid was.
  • Options
    I just found this out the other day, pissed me off some. Their is a limit on the ebay.co.uk one and it is £50 ( someone said they werent sure if it had been implemented ). Sell for higher, attracts less people, sell for lower and you lose out... bah !
  • Options
    Originally posted by Richeh
    I just found this out the other day, pissed me off some. Their is a limit on the ebay.co.uk one and it is £50 ( someone said they werent sure if it had been implemented ). Sell for higher, attracts less people, sell for lower and you lose out... bah !

Yeah that's why I was confused. You used to be able to to set what ever RP you wanted? Can't be arsed with it now.
  • Options
    yeah im kinda feeling like that now too.

The only other way you can do it, i think anyway, is to do it as a buy it now price and just set it to a fixed price and hope it sells... Im considering doing it that way
  • Options
    Well, you can still set the start price to whatever you like.
  • Options
    Why don't you just put the price you want? Thats all i do & they sell.
    If its worth it will probably sell.