Home› Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

They shoot children, don't they?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
"Anyone who's mobile, moving in the zone, even if it's a three-year-old, needs to be killed."

That's what the commander told his troops in Rafah, after he had "confirmed the kill" of 13 year old Imam al-Hams, who was killed in rafah on her way to school. 20 Bullets were removed from Imam's body, even though a tape from one of the control towers makes it clear that the soldiers knew it was a child they were shooting at:
"Are we talking about a girl under the age of 10?" The observation post, housed in a watchtower, replies: "It's a little girl. She's running defensively eastwards, a girl of about 10. She's behind the embankment, scared to death."

So much for "purity of arms" and "the most moral army in the world" ..........

:mad:

Comments

• Options
    Have you never heard of child soldiers? We sent killing machines in there, they're trained to kill, not to be friends or be compassionate. And they're doing they're job perfectly - whether we agree with the result is a completely different debate.

We have one of the most effective armies in the world, morality doesn't come into it when a disciplined soldier is following orders.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Have you never heard of child soldiers? We sent killing machines in there, they're trained to kill, not to be friends or be compassionate. And they're doing they're job perfectly - whether we agree with the result is a completely different debate.

We have one of the most effective armies in the world, morality doesn't come into it when a disciplined soldier is following orders.

Lay off the drugs......
  • Options
    But this was a little girl on her way to school in Palestine, not a child soldier. Granted she shouldn't have been there, but the full article reveals that the Israeli soldier was saying she was running defensively and "scared to death" she wasn't about to blow a watch tower up with explosives in her school bag.

And quite why the commander felt he had to empty his magazine into the girl after firing two shots from close range is beyond me. This psycho sure aint a disiplined soldier, regardless of morality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

Child soldier? I could have sworn I read about a little girl of 10, who was scared to death.

'We' sent killing machines to Rafah?

:confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    'We' sent killing machines to Rafah?

:confused::confused::confused:
    I think he thought Rafah was in Iraq...

ShyBoy - read the link.
  • Options
    She was in a no-entry zone, and like I said before, she shouldn't have been there. No arguments about "it's her country", you don't fuck about with men with machine guns. It's stupendously simple.

This is far worse.
  • Options
    No-entry determined by whom?

An illegal occupier?

Still murder.

Especially considering she was a small child, clear for all to see.

If what you're saying applies, then where do you draw the line?

I guess, for instance, that Ken Bigley had only himself to blame. He was an uninvited foreigner in a war zone area. You don't fuck about with fighters with machetes...

What's murder is murder. End of. Even in war there are rules.
  • Options
    So, the palestinians who murder inocent folk, children, mothers, babies. Where do they fit into your support?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    So, the palestinians who murder inocent folk, children, mothers, babies. Where do they fit into your support?

They're a tiny minority - I believe that under internatioonal law they can be captured, tried and jailed - they can even be killed if they resist capture.

:)

I doubt very much you'll find a quote where they decalre their own actions "moral" or "pure" ......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    This is far worse.
    Well, no question, that is pretty fucked up.
  • Options
    Originally posted by freethepeeps
    They're a tiny minority - I believe that under internatioonal law they can be captured, tried and jailed - they can even be killed if they resist capture.

:)

I doubt very much you'll find a quote where they decalre their own actions "moral" or "pure" ......

So calling themselves martyr's doesn't cover it?
    Attacks by groups such as Al Asqa Martyrs Brigades
    and military action by the Israelis have spiralled in
    recent weeks, in the worst violence of the 18-month
    Palestinian Intifada.
  • Options
    So calling themselves martyr's doesn't cover it?

Nope......
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    She was in a no-entry zone, and like I said before, she shouldn't have been there. No arguments about "it's her country", you don't fuck about with men with machine guns. It's stupendously simple.

This is far worse.

Or http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,2763,1358173,00.html

and there was that one where a sniper shot a girl in her class room.
  • Options
    "You don't fuck with men with machine guns" ........

Hurrah.....

Nice to know Kermit would be such a pushover if his country was invaded :rolleyes:

or maybe he just means other people......

For myself, I happen to know from personal experience that in Rafah its enough to walk down a street, any street, to get fired upon ..... so, in Kermit's world, no-one in Rafah should leave their houses - oh wait a minute, you don't even have to leave your house to get killed - I get it, they should just leave Rafah (erm Kermit its called ethnic cleansing .... AND THEY HAVE NOWHERE ELSE TO GO.....)

How is it worse shooting an unknown child through a wall, rather than deliberately putting 20 bullets into what appears to be a scared 10 year old girl trying to escape? She was running to get to school ffs.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Let it be freethepeeps. You are clearly a "terrorist lover" who doesn't recognise the right of Israel to 'defend itself'. We all know the immense threat to Israeli national security little schoolgirls living in another country pose.

That's the trouble with civilians. They never understand that if a foreign army illegally invades and occupies their land it will the their fault only if they get machine-gunned as well by the men in uniform.

Going to (or attending) school in their own land and town in front of the IDF... daring to be within sight of Israeli soldiers... how dare they!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Give over. It's boring now.

now? It was boring a long time ago. Especially because they're both wrong.
  • Options
    now? It was boring a long time ago. Especially because they're both wrong.
    Oh yeah?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Oh yeah?

Yes, very much so.
  • Options
    Yes, very much so.

Well, why don't you tell us the correct answer then?

Your input so far seems to suggest that resisting illegal occupation is the same as illegally occupying a country.

Is that right?

:confused:

BTW: Has it ever occurred to you that if you're not interested in a thread, you don't have to go to it?
  • Options
    I am fully of the opinion that neither side can claim anything close to being right, or correct, by anybodies standards. They both have in the past, and continue to, behave appalingly. Anyone who attempts to defend either side is blinkered or stupid. No-one could possibly unravel blame back to one side or the other, and if one was to try it would ultimatly come down to France and Britain. Or even Nazi germany, or as far back as the Romans, I mean really, it's so pointless trying to debate it who's right or wrong, because they are BOTH really really wrong.
  • Options
    I am fully of the opinion that neither side can claim anything close to being right, or correct, by anybodies standards. They both have in the past, and continue to, behave appalingly. Anyone who attempts to defend either side is blinkered or stupid. No-one could possibly unravel blame back to one side or the other, and if one was to try it would ultimatly come down to France and Britain. Or even Nazi germany, or as far back as the Romans, I mean really, it's so pointless trying to debate it who's right or wrong, because they are BOTH really really wrong.

I see - so you really can't see the difference between an occupier (a very well funded one) and an occupied (increasingly living restricted lives on the breadline)?

Perhaps the Palestinians should just start digging mass graves for themselves now - do you think that would be a good way to end it?

• Options
    :yeees:

You are either extremly stupid, or being deliberatly so.
  • Options

No - I'm not - but the history of this conflict is ongoing dispossession, US support for genocide, and a particularly odious line in propaganda, which is now worn so thin that it only works on the intentionally gullible .......

onetoone.jpg

Heres a map to help you visualise it.

Of course, I may well be wrong. Why don't you outline the steps that the Palestinians should take to stop their oppression?
  • Options

Like these extremely stupid people maybe?

• Options
    I believe the initial post was about the shooting of a Palestinian child by an Israeli soldier...

Now do you have any comment on the contents of that original post Fiend?

Oh and while you're at it, please explain why you find this thread boring.