Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    FYI sky + reuters = sorry page doesn't exist.
  • Options
    all sorted now
  • Options
    Have to love the closing para of the Sky report citing the comments of Sen. Lugar.

Yes, the pro-Russian incumbent won so its "fraud", but try to raise a voice in the US that our own election was rigged using (amongst numerous methodologies) convenient electronic machines with no paper trail and youll be shouted down by Mr. Lugar and all his ilk as a "sore loser" or "conspiracy theorist".

Ahh the hypocrisy never ends!
  • Options
    oh so true

but its interesting that for once in an alledgedly rigged election that the people have turned out en masse
  • Options
    Much easier in societies which havent been duly dumbed down (over the course of generations) and diverted to simplistic regard for smug cozy subsurban lives by concentrated 24/7 advertising and PR like our more entrenched commercial societies.
  • Options
    when will they get round to changing the dictionary definition of democracy?
  • Options
    Very true Rolly, in politicalspeak Democracy just means "pro-western capitalism subjugated to de-regulated MNC interests".
  • Options
    Whatever Western officials say that election was fraud, bold and shameless. Not because pro-western party has lost but because it’s truth. You just can’t imagine authorities’ opportunities to manipulate public opinions and results of voting in countries like Ukraine. If American ruling party did 1/1000 that had been done in Ukraine it would be second Watergate.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Very true Rolly, in politicalspeak Democracy just means "pro-western capitalism subjugated to de-regulated MNC interests".
    Do you think your definition is witty and clever?
  • Options
    i actually thought his definition was both witty and amusing, and with a grain of truth to it as well
  • Options
    Sorry the conversation is losing its subject. Mea culpa **cries**
    Returning to the point, I have to say the common mistake of Western media is an idea that the theme of Ukrainian election was West-against-North choice. In reality the winners’ party ( they are in power for 13 years already) never was ‘pro-Kremlin’. They always tried to keep a balance between great powers. And I have no doubt if the ‘pro-west’ party had won they would have done the same.
    You guys should believe me because 1. I am a Ukrainian and I know my country better than all BBC correspondents and American senators put together 2. I am not a fan of either team.