Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

love bites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how long before they go? :)

Comments

• Options
    I would keep them tbh. Classy init.
  • Options
    depends how bad the bruising is
  • Options
    Re: love bites
    Originally posted by speedwell
    how long before they go? :)

depends per person. mine norm take 1week tops to go away,

The one i got at the momemt on the otherhand might take longer,
  • Options
    mmm, lovebites...

classy :thumb:
  • Options
    how do you even get lovebites? suck on each other's necks? you're doing it wrong, kids.
  • Options
    Lovebites are the most hideous things I have ever seen in my life!! :yuck:

I will always remember my friend coming into school with a massive lovebite right on the front of her neck, in the middle of summer and it looked so painfull, and she was actually saying how I should get my bf (now ex) to give me one! No thanks!!
  • Options
    I sometimes threaten to give my girlfriend a love bite in the middle of her forehead while she sleeps...but i think that'd be the end of our relationship if I did.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter
    I sometimes threaten to give my girlfriend a love bite in the middle of her forehead while she sleeps...but i think that'd be the end of our relationship if I did.

happened to me the other week (although i wasnt asleep) and i had a most horrible purple splodge right in the middle which lasted about 5 days and people gave me funny looks.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I don't like them at all. My mate calls them slag tags
    Although if they're where no one can see them they're not so bad, it's just the glaringly obvious neck ones which look awful
  • Options
    Should be gone within a week. Just like a normal bruise.

If ya want another love bite but don't want people to know, get it somewhere people can't see next time. I don't mean to sound like a spoil sport but they seriously aint a pretty picture.
  • Options
    he he thanks.. hopefully it will go away soon, it's not so noticable :)

my bf got a bit carried away.. kill him :mad: :D
  • Options
    my other half hates them, an sometimes i threaten to give mini ones, but only for the fun of it, id never give or have a proper one they just look comman :(
  • Options
    Love bites ming, they ming even more when you see 14 year olds walking around with 5 or 6 on their neck. i don't get it really what feels so nice and someone sucking on and bruising your neck?

Like most other brusies though they should dissapear within a few days to a week, in the meantime wear a scarve or something :thumb:
  • Options
    Maybe im weird but the odd lovebite is nice .lol. I mean, u get a bit carried away and end up with one...its funny and as long as it was fun gettin it then its a nice reminder. Obviously bunches of them all over your neck makes you look like a ridiculous 13 year old...maybe its an age thing.

Peace
  • Options
    Heh, I gave my bf a little one last night while we were messing about. He said I have caused war though. :/

Went he asked me about it I said I cant really let him go out on a friday night with all the lads without leaving my mark. Haha. :D

He did pin me down a few weeks ago though and give me 2 little ones on my neck and 1 on my cheek >:[
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I hate love bites, they are horrid.

I have given my boyfriend love bites before but they are normally to take the piss and in places that he shouldn't be showing other people :p

It depends how bad it is but on verage they normally take a few days to get rid of.

I know your b/f got a bit carried away but it is obvious what is happening when you are receiving a love bite. Why did you not stop him?
  • Options
    For some reason the things put my back up. Probably because when i was younger so many of the lads and girls used to walk round with them on their necks like it was a trophy or something. Call it slag rash round here.
    Quite a few times when i've been clubbing a lads approached me and started trying to chat me up and being a slimey bastard and wonders why when he slag rash on his neck i give him the short sharp get lost answer.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tim the Enchanter

LOL.

*makes notes*
  • Options
    They are horrible, but mine usually happen by accident and fade quickly. I like my neck being bitten and licked and occasionally sucked hence, accidental love bites. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by littlemissy
    I know your b/f got a bit carried away but it is obvious what is happening when you are receiving a love bite. Why did you not stop him?

he didn't mean to.. it just kind of appeared afterwards :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by speedwell
    he didn't mean to.. it just kind of appeared afterwards :yuck:

he didn't mean to? :eek2:

i think they look horrible.
  • Options
    a little nibbling and kissings all good an lovely, but bites :yuck: they just look so cheap!
  • Options
    personaly, myself, i LOVE getting lovebites. i think they are sexy and that its showing the world that ur taken.
    my ex once gave me one on my chest, i smiled whenever i looked at it.
  • Options
    woooah there, this threads a bit old;

Hello new person, read me! :)
  • Options
    i gave my ex one once when i was really really wasted. and it didn't go away for aaaaaaaages, and his mates used to ask him about it and i'd be so embarrassed...
  • Options
    see now i think they look awful, but i love the feeling... i give them to my boyfriend as well, but only on his stummy, just under the top of his boxers, he does a lot of topless stuff so i can't do them anywhere else :-p