Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

meh throats all sore

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just about where my adams apple is has gone all swollen and really tender and im not sure what it could be
plus i aint regisered with a new gp since i moved would i be able to go see one anyway if it gets worse?

Comments

• Options
    You can see any GP for emergency treatment, and you can register as a temporary resident with most GP practices.

Lockets :yes:
  • Options
    Ive just got rid of a real bad sore throat. Strepsils, lockets, nothing would shift it and I couldnt get in the doctors cuz they're always fully bloody booked!! Anyway I went to the pharmacy and explained all that and she gave me these strepsil like things called dequacaine, they numb out the pain and get rid if the infection. Worked for me and I was in agony to be fair!!

edited to add:

Oh yeah they only cost £3.08 aswell so cheaper than prescription
  • Options
    Lockets, strepsils etc are crap. Get yourself down to the chemist and ask them for something there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    You can see any GP for emergency treatment, and you can register as a temporary resident with most GP practices.

Lockets :yes:

Yes, but a GP doesn't have to agree to register you as a temporary. You're more likely to be able to register as one at a large practice with several GPs - so best to ask neighbours and friends if they would recommend one like that. (Oh and make sure you're in their catchment area, Oooh, and I'd recommend you get a GP for occassions such as this!)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Yes, but a GP doesn't have to agree to register you as a temporary. You're more likely to be able to register as one at a large practice with several GPs...
    That's what I meant. The emergency treatment and temporary resident were separate options ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish
    That's what I meant. The emergency treatment and temporary resident were separate options ;)
    I know, I'm just stopping a potential 'YOU MUST REGISTER AND TREAT ME' scenario, which is a regular occurence in my line of work! :)