Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

whats going on in her head?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my girlfriend told me she was feeling uncomfortable because i was too lovey dovey. though the day before she invited me over to her house and we watched a film, and only a few hours previously we had the most passionate sex we ever had. Then she dumped me because we were getting "too close" then she expects me just to be fine with being friends. why would this happen after her being so loving just moments before?

Comments

• Options
    don't try to make sense of it because odds are it won't happen. i would like to tell you something helpful, but i don't know that i can. maybe she got freaked cause to her you wanted more than she could give or maybe she just wasn't as into the relationship as you thought. you could try talking to her about it if you want to try and patch things up.

as for going to just friends after being more, i think that part is up to you. it is going to hurt beyond the telling of it to be friends with someone you care about as more than that. in the long run it might be better to just make a break and move on (easier said than done, i know).

best of luck with whatever you decide.
  • Options
    I don't know what, but all my instincts tell me there's more to this than she's telling you.
  • Options
    Passionate sex doesn't equal being loving. She might have been trying really hard to force herself to feel something she couldn't feel, by being extra passionate in bed. This is not meant in an unfeeling way at all, but I can't help but remember you saying your girlfriend was really unaffectionate and quite cold before. Does this really come as a complete shock?
  • Options
    Hiya, maybe shes scared of getting too close? Or if shes been treated badly in the past she's scared of getting hurt. I dont really know, try asking her. Hope this helped a little.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Basic Instinct
    Hiya, maybe shes scared of getting too close? Or if shes been treated badly in the past she's scared of getting hurt. I dont really know, try asking her. Hope this helped a little.
    Yeah she has been really badly, also the thinknig there's something more too it thing has entered my mind to, and she said to me the day before "i hope we continue to get on as well as we do, you're the best boyfriend ever" so i dont think the being passionate in bed was an...excuse.