Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair extentions

I want to get a layer of hair extentions at the bottom of my hair to give it some extra legnth. I've already got very layered hair so the difference in legnth wont be that noticable.

I'm just wondering how much they cost to buy. I might be able to get my hairdresser to put them in for me cheaply but I'll need to by the hair.

Also I heard stories that they give you bald patches, is this true or just a rumer?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Hair extentions
    Originally posted by Zella
    Also I heard stories that they give you bald patches, is this true or just a rumer?

it's probably true. although it depends on what kind of extensions they are, and how they're put in.

i had braid extensions, and they were put in so tightly that it ripped a lot of my hair out at the root. niiice.
  • Options
    Extensions always seem to scream hair-ripping-out to me. Maybe it's those braids they do in afro hair but it looks so painful. And taking them out mustn't be good on the oul strands either.
  • Options
    You can buy synthetic 'falls' or long lengths of synthetic hair tied together with a rubber band, from Afro-Caribbean hair shops - they cost anything from £3.50 a packet to around £10 depending on the shop.

If you're wanting Human hair extensions, then it'd cost a considerable amount compared to synthetic. Hair extensions, done properly and looked after properly, don't do much damage to hair. If they're not cared for then yes, it can do damage.

Have a read of this site for care instructions etc.

Ilora x
  • Options
    I'm gonna get the human hair because I need to be able to straighten my hair and I dont want to melt the extention.
  • Options
    my mate had real hair put in underneath and set her back £200, you gotta expect to pay a lot if you want decent ones
  • Options
    i've had the ones that are waxed on (melt wax to your hair and the synthetic hair sticks to it) and they rip huge bits of your hair out. ouch.
    dunno about weaves and stuff though