Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

blunkett is only thing make me not want to vote in labour

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4029507.stm

i worry for the long term civil liberties of this country...

playing the bloody security card to get in again, lets jsut hope loads of anti blunkett people move to his constituency and vote him out of office specifically

he REALLY does scare me a lot

edited to say - what about you

i just dont want the tories or lib dems either in terms of regular policy, but blunkett seems to be hell bent on changing us from liberal democracy to being a bloody zero tolerance police state

Comments

• Options
    i have to agree i am quite scared, its all a bit 1984.......i dont think id cards will greatly reduce illegal immigration or the threat of terrorism, its just a means of tighter control over the masses.......and like with all their uglier policies, they wait til after general election so the public cant really have their say or voice disapproval, i swear they only put things to a referendum if they're really scared the public might oppose it, thats democracy for you........

and you can bet your ass if we have a 9/11 over here they will shove so much legislation through you may to have to ask permission to wipe your arse.....

lib dems all the way, if only as a protest vote.....labour are so fucking cocky they'll get in again they just take the piss......
  • Options
    Funny we didnt need this type of thing through thirty years of terrorism over Northern Ireland
  • Options
    blind people never see what a mess they are making of things.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Funny we didnt need this type of thing through thirty years of terrorism over Northern Ireland
    but the IRA were a bunch of fucking cowards and amatuers compared with todays terrorists!
    gerry adams pales next to george bush.
  • Options
    Re: blunkett is only thing make me not want to vote in labour
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4029507.stm

playing the bloody security card to get in again, lets jsut hope loads of anti blunkett people move to his constituency and vote him out of office specifically

Unfortunatly it looks like it is very unlikely to happen. He has 76% of the vote
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzo
    Unfortunatly it looks like it is very unlikely to happen. He has 76% of the vote
    Sheffield Brightside suddenly seems a misnomer. ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    excellent, makes me like labour even more!!!!!

I thought you were a Tory
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me how ID cards are going to fight terrorism?

Or as Prescot was saying on Today this morning, the War on Drugs?