Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

wedding hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,
im bridesmaid on a friends wedding and she isnt too bothered about us all having matching hair, so we can have what we like, i think we are having it done in the hairdressers, so i dunno what to get done...
my hair is dark brown and kinda shoulder length although im trying to grow it as much as possible for the wedding in 6 weeks.
well anyway i have naturally curly hair too which i straighten so i could go straight or curly....i was thinking of having it up in a high ponytail with kinda wavy curls and then a big strand of hair sweeping from one side...thats a crap description....
anyone got any ideas...?
also was wondering if anyone knows where you can get them clip on extension things, although most of them are tacky i remember seeing a girl with one that looked really natural
any suggestions are appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    13 views and no ones got any advice or info for me....pretty please?
  • Options
    Re: wedding hair
    Originally posted by scarlettcloud
    hi,
    im bridesmaid on a friends wedding and she isnt too bothered about us all having matching hair, so we can have what we like, i think we are having it done in the hairdressers, so i dunno what to get done...
    my hair is dark brown and kinda shoulder length although im trying to grow it as much as possible for the wedding in 6 weeks.
    well anyway i have naturally curly hair too which i straighten so i could go straight or curly....i was thinking of having it up in a high ponytail with kinda wavy curls and then a big strand of hair sweeping from one side...thats a crap description....
    anyone got any ideas...?
    also was wondering if anyone knows where you can get them clip on extension things, although most of them are tacky i remember seeing a girl with one that looked really natural
    any suggestions are appreciated :)

That sounds a tacky hairstyle to have at a wedding. It sounds the quintessential hairstyle to have.

I'd say you go for a wavy look, not fake crispy waves. Soft heated roller waves with your fingers messing them up slightly. Put your hair in a side parting and have a simple kirby-grip clasp to keep it to one side.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Someone did a thread similar recently. I know Wyentry is getting married and not a bridesmaid but the thread has some nice pictures in it. You may get some inspiration :)

Clickety Click.
  • Options
    Re: Re: wedding hair
    Originally posted by 1983
    That sounds a tacky hairstyle to have at a wedding. It sounds the quintessential hairstyle to have.

I'd say you go for a wavy look, not fake crispy waves. Soft heated roller waves with your fingers messing them up slightly. Put your hair in a side parting and have a simple kirby-grip clasp to keep it to one side.

like i said its a crap description,
    it sounds tacky but the pic i have of it in my head looks nice....
    your idea sounds good and easy too. what does quintessential mean (:confused:)
    another idea i have is my hair dead straight, and then get a curling tong and do some random thin strands of hair curly kinda all over and in the underlayers, another crap description but i know its nice as i have a pic of a friend with her hair like that for a party, and then some diamante hair beads or clips.
    i cant really find any decent pics online