Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Peeing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I go for a pee, I have one, then I its like I need another, but if I try and have another pee, then hardly anthing comes out!!!:mad: Its starting to do my head in!

What do you lot think it could be??? My mate said she was like this through her pregnancy, so could that be it??? Could it be an infection?? I'm on the pill, so could that be it????:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Could easily be an infection. Have you had waterworks infections before?

I doubt the pill would be the cause. Have you recently started taking it? Are you taking anything else?

Pregnancy sounds unlikely unless you are quite far along. Do you think you could be pregnant?
  • Options
    Sounds like cysititis or however its spelt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Basic Instinct
    Sounds like cysititis or however its spelt.

Yeah that's what I thought, cystitis is an awful thing and bloody annoying to go with it.
  • Options
    check out the following link on cystitis
    but also feel free to call:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47
  • Options
  • Options
    a bladder infection maybe?
  • Options
    I have those symptoms and I've only ever had one UTI in my life. I've been sent for numerous tests and they still don't know what is wrong with me. They do know one thing though, I don't suffer from UTIs but my bladder doesn't empty fully on first attempt.

Bloody annoying during the night I'll tell you!
  • Options
    It sounds like cystitis. Keep drinking water - although you think it will make you go to the toilet more, it seems to regulate you, so you go to the toilet a 'normal' amount of times again. Drinking cranberry juice is also good to prevent it next time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Pan_chan_boo
    This is what i dont get, everyone keeps telling me to drink water, all i ever drink is water, i dont like fizzy drinks, or that diluted fruit juice crap, ok i have cups of tea really often, but seriously, i only drink water.

Just try drinking more water than usual, when i had a uti i was told to drink a pint of water every hour, or more if needed, sometimes it can help flush it out of your body.
    There is also them sachets you can have caneston oasis that is cranberry flavoured and theres another one called cymalon or something that is supposed to be lemon flavoured, both are absolutley vile but they can help with the pain and are about £4.00 from the chemist.
    Although for me after 4 days nothing i did would get rid of it and i was starting to pass blood so the doctor prescribed me antibiotics which cleared it all up in a couple of days.
  • Options
    i had that when i started on roaccutane, have you been taking any other medicines?
  • Options
    Does it burn or hurt when you pee?
  • Options
    If i actualy need to pee ill be fine while peeing, but just as im finishing up, it'll feel like im pissing razor blades, and ill be really irritated down stairs for ages afterwards with the urge to pee again.

If i go to pee, but dont need to, it also hurts like hell.

>_<

Yeah that sounds exactly the same as what i had and it turned out i had a uti/bladder infection.

I would go back to the doctors, any discomfort is not normal :)
  • Options
    If i actualy need to pee ill be fine while peeing, but just as im finishing up, it'll feel like im pissing razor blades, and ill be really irritated down stairs for ages afterwards with the urge to pee again.

If i go to pee, but dont need to, it also hurts like hell.

>_<

I was aiming my question at the original poster, Briony.
  • Options
    Ah ive been having all of those too, the pains in my stomach that get so bad at work they hurt, and the feeling like stinging and i need to go to the loo, but i can't when i try to, it also smells strange, and i get dizzy alot, i thought it was just because i was about to come on but it comes back after i'm off again, is it likely to be anything else or an uti?
  • Options
    Ive got a uti at the mo. Just go to the doctors and tell them, ive just been given a course of tablets to take for a week, i started them yesterday and they are working already.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Ive got a uti at the mo. Just go to the doctors and tell them, ive just been given a course of tablets to take for a week, i started them yesterday and they are working already.

Thanks TiNK, it sounds to me like thats what it is, i didn't even think it was anything other then just period related until i read this eek, il book up today.
  • Options
    Originally posted by **sugar**
    Thanks TiNK, it sounds to me like thats what it is, i didn't even think it was anything other then just period related until i read this eek, il book up today.

Hope you get it sorted, cos they are nasty to have.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    Hope you get it sorted, cos they are nasty to have.

Yeah thats what ive heard, the thing that makes me worry is i think i could have had it a little while without even thinking anything of it, i just assumed it was to do with my periods being very painful lately. ahh well all i can do is go docs!
  • Options
    Tract infections are really painful and annoyign to be honest. the doctor will be able to help. Remember if you feel unconfortable with a male doctor (or if you enjoy being treated down there by a male doctor) you do have the choice to see a female doctor or nurse.

Hope this helps
    Peter