Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friend problems again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best mate is going through depression again just like earlier on this year.

He dont eat much, yesterday he ate nothing at all. This will turn to balemia(sp?) as he did early this year too. Hes started to smoke and he sits around all day at home wrapped up in a duvet doing nothing at all.

He thinks hes fat, but hes a 19 year old who can barely fit into size 28 jeans! He thinks hes ugly but to be honest hes quite handsome.

Iv tried my best to try and help him but it aint working, hes refusing councelling and wont listen to anybody. Its starting to irritate me now because if hes going to listen to anyone on earth hes gonna listen to me.

How can i help him? Hes gonna get ill again soon and probably hospitalise himself.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Hes already anorexic, but hes been ballemic before and im scared hes gonna do it again. Hes already made himself puke up because he had a bag of crisp the other day.

Hes 5 foot 5 and weighs about 8 and a half stone, he plans on going down to 8. He has broad sholders and looks manly so hes seriously underweight.

Im not trying to make him exercise or diet im trying to get him to eat more fatty stuff. He dont even have milk in coffee because he says its "fattening".

Hes debating on self harm too, but i dont think he will.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Well if he refuses to accept help then there's not much more you can do.
  • Options
    maybe these pages on how to help a friend with an eating disorder might help a little? theyre worth checking out.
    remember you do need to look out for yourself too here. dont be worrying yourself to the point of exhaustion. YOU need some kind of support to get through helping your mate deal with this. have you thought about telling someone else - sharing this with someone you or your friend are close to will not only help YOU cope but could prove to be a huge help for your friend in the long run.
    phew, hope that wasnt too much of a mouthful.

Also check here for the facts:

Anorexia & Bulimia facts
  • Options
    Originally posted by supergrover
    maybe these pages on how to help a friend with an eating disorder might help a little? theyre worth checking out.
    remember you do need to look out for yourself too here. dont be worrying yourself to the point of exhaustion. YOU need some kind of support to get through helping your mate deal with this. have you thought about telling someone else - sharing this with someone you or your friend are close to will not only help YOU cope but could prove to be a huge help for your friend in the long run.
    phew, hope that wasnt too much of a mouthful.

Also check here for the facts:

Anorexia & Bulimia facts

Im fine myself just trying to help sort my friend out. Iv already let someone else know (my girlfriend) who happens to be pretty close to my mate.
    Il take a look at those pages mate thanks.