Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Relationship Turned Sour

Now, this is not a question I'm asking myself. I'm not in a relationship, so I don't really know much about them. This question is to do with my sister, who has been having a heap of trouble with an ex-boyfriend.
First thing's first, she's 16. Right now, she's busily getting ahead with her GCSE studies - there are mock examinations next month, so she's trying to concentrate on that. However, there's been some trouble with a guy. She was in a relationship with him for ten months. He was a sensible, but slightly immature bloke, but easy to get on with. Unfortunately, the relationship soon turned sour. They decided amicably to call it a day in late September, as it wasn't working. That was the end of that - at first.
Whenever my sister goes out now, she has to deal with his friends calling her a "slut" and a "slag". He's been spreading around some particularly vicious rumours about my sister. Now, this is upsetting my sister, despite her showing a tough exterior about it. If I see this bloke again, I'm going to punch his lights out, he can be assured of that. I hate seeing members of my family being hurt like this. So, my question is, how do you think she should deal with this nasty situation.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *gone*
  • Options
    For a start I think you should put your ideas of punching his lights out to bed. Grow up, I can't believe you want to get involved in the petty squabbles of children.

Your sister isn't going to get much peace from her ex and his silly rumours if you stick your oar in.

Be sensible. It is nice that you want to stick up for your sister, but to be honest I think that at that age lads are generally (notice I said generally) pretty immature.

She knows she isn't a slag, or a slut and so do her true friends. She should ignore them, they'll get bored eventually.

Whilst it isn't nice or pleasant I'm pretty sure most of us are called names when we're at school.

Seriously, don't punch him, you'll be the one in the wrong then.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    For a start I think you should put your ideas of punching his lights out to bed. Grow up, I can't believe you want to get involved in the petty squabbles of children.
    I'm sorry, I just got angry there.
  • Options
    Although rumours can be incredibly hurtful to the victim. I think I would agree with the above advice and "ignore it." That might sound a little hard for your sister to manage since she is putting on a "tough exterior," but in the end it's probably the best way of dealing with it. And they will get bored eventually esp. if they see it not having any effect. The important thing is that she knows she is not a "slut" and that is all that matters - she might even come out of the whole experience as a stronger person. And I think it is good she has you to confide in and talk to about it... and that's really all you can do - be there for her! - It wouldn't really help anyone if you "punched his lights out." It's perfectly natural to be angry... and you don't have to appologize for it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by otter
    The important thing is that she knows she is not a "slut" and that is all that matters

:yes:
    She knows it and the people who actually matter know it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by otter
    The important thing is that she knows she is not a "slut" and that is all that matters - she might even come out of the whole experience as a stronger person.
    She couldn't possibly be a slut. She's never slept with anyone and she's had only one boyfriend. If that makes someone a slut, God help us.
  • Options
    Keep her head up; everybody's a fucktard nowadays. "Slut" is used so rampantly in these days of being a teenager, it's pretty much lost it's viciousness it had 20 years ago.
    Tell her not to worry about it, it's not gonna follow her for the rest of her life.
    If you ever see that guy again, however, give him a right smack in the mouth.
  • Options
    Originally posted by junker
    If you ever see that guy again, however, give him a right smack in the mouth.

Assault a child - yeah that is most definately the way to go! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Well I'm 18, if she was my sister and her ex spread some crap about her, I'd sock him right square in the jaw. After a curt and humble conversation of course.

Family's just important. I'd be pretty insulted if some jerkoff was spreading rumors about my younger sibling.
  • Options
    Assault a child - yeah that is most definately the way to go! :rolleyes:

Oh, shut up.

If someone said that about my sister they'd be eating a knuckle sandwich too- it's family.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Oh, shut up.

If someone said that about my sister they'd be eating a knuckle sandwich too- it's family.

That's pathetic. They're words spoken by immature children. Punching them is sinking to their level. And telling someone to shut up because you disagree with them isn't something I would have expected from you. You seem to have a real problem with everything I say of late, I don't understand what I've done to you.
  • Options
    SG, Kermit, and Junker..

awe.. that's sooooo cute...

i wish my brothers cared about me that way... :(

SG... you know.. people are always going to be talking shit about people.. and she has to learn to deal with it some time or another... and in 2-3 weeks.. it'll pass.. like all rumors...
  • Options
    That's pathetic. They're words spoken by immature children. Punching them is sinking to their level.

It is "sinking" to their level, but sometimes it's the only way to solve things. If a smack ddin't solve problems people wouldn't go to war, would they?

Shut up is the written equivalent of the :rolleyes: in my book.