Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Review of theories essay help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am quite stuck as to what to write for a Politics essay. The task is to "produce a 1500-2000 word review of the theories and approaches that you have studied. The review should be personal. Explain what you think the main failings of theose theories are, and the approaches you reject."
The 3 theories are Realism, Liberalism and Marxism, but within these there is also Neo-realism and Neo-liberalism.

My problem is that I don't know my own opinion, even though i've read the core information from the module's textbook. There is no real question for this essay, so no case to argue, and I feel really out of my depth, not having studied History or Politics for A-Level. And this is due next Friday.

Can anybody help/suggest an approach/way to answer the question? :'(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Review of theories essay help
    Originally posted by Luce
    I My problem is that I don't know my own opinion, '(
    oh dear ...could prince charlie be right?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Re: Review of theories essay help
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    oh dear ...could prince charlie be right?
    Hey, I don't know my opinion on some things either, because it hasn't completely formed yet. An opinion isn't something you suddenly decide on, or gets passed to you by your family.