Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Changing your period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im going away on a hiking trip during may next year....I havent worked it out yet but should the trip fall at the time of my period can i change when it will come using the pill??

I mean if ever month leading up to it i stopped taking it 2days early to move my period would it be bad for me??

Comments

• Options
    grrrrrrr....why are you all so lazy...its 20 to 11 !!! you should all be up and about!!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by ~playboy~
    grrrrrrr....why are you all so lazy...its 20 to 11 !!! you should all be up and about!!

Maybe all the people online are blokes and haven't got a clue? :p
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Originally posted by JsT
    Maybe all the people online are blokes and haven't got a clue? :p

:yes:
  • Options
    well ur crap and you should know...go learn about periods so u can help me!!!!!!!!! :mad:
  • Options
    well ur crap and you should know...go learn about periods so u can help me!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Why don't you do it yourself...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Why don't you do it yourself...

You Fiend. :(
  • Options
    Women's periods can change with hormones - i know that living in a household then the dominant female has her hormones and all the other females pick up on that and start to synchronise. Perhaps an effect according to what you would like is possible then, but I'd speak to a nurse or doctor first because you shouldn't really 'go against' the instructions on the pill leaflet etc. But changing your menstrual cycle shouldn't do you too much harm - if you think how many times a teenage girls changes...

basically its just a big hormone cycle, if you put a big bit of one hormone in at the right point, you could shift it... but as for the ins and outs you'd probably have to ask a fertility expert or a biologist.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    You Fiend. :(

yes
  • Options
    Re: Changing your period
    Im going away on a hiking trip during may next year....I havent worked it out yet but should the trip fall at the time of my period can i change when it will come using the pill??

I mean if ever month leading up to it i stopped taking it 2days early to move my period would it be bad for me??

This is all I think stuff, but...

If you stop taking your pill 2 days early you wont be protected from pregnancy.

A suggestion that works for some people is to run two pill packets together when you don't want your period, so you don't have the seven day break, therefore not having a period for 6 weeks, approximately.

i think.
  • Options
    Ive done that before when going on holiday...i didnt get a period period, but there was a bit of spotting...

....Its just im going to be hiking for 2weeks through the andes in peru, sleeping in tents with 29 people i dont know and thought my period might be a bit annoying!! Might go to the docs and ask him about it...or i could just take two packets of pills in a row...
  • Options
    they can give you a pill that stops your period. go see your doctor. for some people it works, for others it gives them long periods... so you might want to try it to see how you react before relying on it in the Andes.
  • Options
    I suggest just doing two packets in a row...i know your not supposed to do it all the time, but this once for your trip wont do any harm. A number of my friends have done it several times because of such things and they're fine.
    A pill to stop periods that could give you a longer one just sounds a bit...dodgy to me though :confused:

Peace
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I take packs in a row all the time, and my doctor has said it's fine to do that. Your period isn't really a period when you're on the pill anyway, and it's no problem to go a few weeks without a period. If I know mine's going to fall at an awkward time, I change it, although I've never taken more than 3 packs in a row.

Never a bad idea to check things with your doctor though - I don't get spotting but maybe it would be better for you to take the pills to stop your period, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Yeah just take pill packets back-to-back. I usually take three in a row anyway, so I only have to have a few periods a year, started doing it when I went travelling. My doctor said it's absolutely fine to do this.

The drug Northisterone delays your period. I took it a few years ago when I was going on holiday with some friends and didn't want my period due.
    You basically a pill three times a day, for a week i think before your period is due. I can't remember exactly. But the whole taking it three times a day was really annoying, and i doubt you can use it while on the pill. You have to get it on prescription anyway so the doctor will give you the advice you need. Also, there are some side effects to it, I don't remember experiencing any but apparently bloating is a common one.