Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Over 700 detained/10,000 interviewed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the months leading up to the election this year in the US, the FBI went into Muslim communities in the US and interviewed over 10,000 people...and arrested not really arrested...took away over 700 people. If you wonder why Arab Americans on the whole supported John Kerry...that's why. And in 2010 Muslims will be the second biggest religion in the US... so why treat this large group this way.

But my point is. I appreciate all the people who are keeping us safe. I really do. But over 700 detained somewhere without trial? That's not the due process, innocent 'til PROVEN guilty America I'm learning about in school and I'm disappointed. Am I too idealistic? I also read about a cell of radical Muslims that was being watched in euorpe this summer. One guy from that group is who killed Van Gough. So I see the danger too...and I'm bothered by the 700 untried and unfree Arab Americans.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Over 700 detained/10,000 interviewed
    Originally posted by bluestatesman
    In the months leading up to the election this year in the US, the FBI went into Muslim communities in the US and interviewed over 10,000 people...and arrested not really arrested...took away over 700 people. If you wonder why Arab Americans on the whole supported John Kerry...that's why. And in 2010 Muslims will be the second biggest religion in the US... so why treat this large group this way.

But my point is. I appreciate all the people who are keeping us safe. I really do. But over 700 detained somewhere without trial? That's not the due process, innocent 'til PROVEN guilty America I'm learning about in school and I'm disappointed. Am I too idealistic? I also read about a cell of radical Muslims that was being watched in euorpe this summer. One guy from that group is who killed Van Gough. So I see the danger too...and I'm bothered by the 700 untried and unfree Arab Americans.

i think its very patronising and unfair to look at a muslim and automatically think "he might be a terrorist", america is so fucked up these days, scares me alot of the time.