Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

confused and upset

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

I’m feeling a little confused at the moment. Around two months ago my boyfriend said that he felt confused about whether or not he wanted to be with me and thought he just wanted to be friends so we agreed that was what we would do. I got a little insecure as all this seemed to coincide with him meeting a girl at a festival and then accidentally bumping into her again a few weeks later at another festival. A group of them recently went on a holiday together but he swears she is just a friend and has not actually heard from her in two weeks so I guess that’s not part of it but it seems strange.

Whilst we were still together we decided that when his parents went to Spain to look for a place to live I would move down and live with him (we are in a long distance relationship) and even though we split up we decided to do that as we were still friends. When I visit we are in separate rooms and nothing couply happens.

He says there is no one new on the scene but has been texting a girl he met on the net a lot and some of the texts are raunchy. I discovered he had sent a naked picture of himself to her and when I asked him about this he said he didn’t know why he had sent it. He said maybe he feels a bit insecure as since we split he hasn’t had any attention in ‘that way’ and is always saying things like no one would want him. He swears there is nothing going on between him and this girl and says it’s not a big deal that he sent her a picture.

It’s also confusing because he still talks about us getting our own place and maybe we could get back together but then he doesn’t actually seem to put any effort into looking. He also asks for a lot of hugs and sometimes when we are out walking he will put his arm around my shoulders which to me seems like something a couple would do.

I don’t know if I want him back in my life as a boyfriend or just a as friend. I don’t feel that I can trust him anymore but I miss the intimacy that we shared and I still want to be friends with him but I don’t know which way to turn.

Rimmer

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    first of all, nice name!

Back to topic; i think you 2 need to decide if you are together or not.
    If not you need to stop acting how couples do because its confusing your mind when you are doing some things you did when you were together and then you may feel rejected if nothing else happens.

If you cant act like normal friends you shouldnt plan on moving in together because this will just keep happening. and every time one of you starts talking to somebody of the opposite sex, the other will get jelous.