Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

"I need a break"

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Girls, tell me because I'm at a loss. When you use this line, tell me the meaning behind it. Is it simply 'we're over' all sugar coated and nice, is it an excuse to go and shag other people for a while without feeling guilty or is it simply just asking for a bit of space?

Comments

• Options
    Me n my boyfriend were 'on a break' last week altho i must admitt i never went off with other lads i just found out it was easier 2 enjoy ma night out with my mates coz i didnt have 2 worry about txtin ma man at all.

I felt single all over again but didnt have the urge to go shagging other men one bit. Ma boyf tells me he never met up with any girls, i believe him so end of story.

Sometimes a 'break' its just an opportunity to spend a bit more time with the mates tht u dont get to see as often as u did before u met ur partner.

Altho i have seen relationships fail coz they use 'a break' as an excuse to go out n have a good time.

XxX
  • Options
    if i ever use the phrase "a break" i intend it to mean a few days/a week, or however long, away from my boyfriend. abit of alone time, and maybe some time with my mates. for me it wouldn't feel right to use a break as an excuse to sleep/do stuff with other lads, knowing there's a chance we could get back together!
    sometimes people just need space to themselves :yes:
    SBG
  • Options
    A break, as far as I'm concerned, is something you have when you're not sure about the relationship or you just need some time alone to reflect, so then you can either go back into the relationship refreshed or decide it's best to move on (probably not helping by saying the 2nd one).
  • Options
    Re: "I need a break"

I think it depends....

For me it would be that I need a break, a time to think about stuff...

But there are girls that think other ways...