Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

It's official: new nuclear arms race on- Thank you Dubya!

Just as it warned it would do if the US pressed forward with its absurd missile defence shield, Russia has announced the developement of a new generation of nuclear missiles.
"Russia has been seeking to upgrade its nuclear arsenal after the US announced plans in 2001 to develop a missile defence shield.

It believes the US plan contravenes an historic treaty between the two nations."
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13249645,00.html

I remember Matadore actually laughing at the accusations that G. W. Bush was responsible for a new nuclear arms race, thanks to his tearing up of the non-proliferation treaties and the go-ahead for the Star Wars bullshit.

Well, here's your proof Matadore.

Oh, what fucking safe place the world is since that fucking chimp and his neocon, PNAC chums cheated their way into power one fateful day in 2000.

We're fucking going backwards all the time with that bunch of cunts.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: It's official: new nuclear arms race on- Thank you Dubya!
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    We're fucking going backwards all the time with that bunch of cunts.

Good. You just say what you really feel, Aladdin. Don't hold back on us now ... ! :p
  • Options
    Woohoo. Why the hell do the yanks feel the need to develop them? :eek2: :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzo
    Woohoo. Why the hell do the yanks feel the need to develop them? :eek2: :mad:

To make sure they can kill every living thing 1000 times over insted of just 800.

Seriously though, future nuke attack is far far more likely to come in the form of a suitcase or small device rather than a missile.
  • Options
    Exactly. So much for 'wars on terror'

So much for 'Russia are now our friends'

So much for 'building a strong relationship with China'

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I remember Matadore actually laughing at the accusations that G. W. Bush was responsible for a new nuclear arms race, thanks to his tearing up of the non-proliferation treaties and the go-ahead for the Star Wars bullshit.

Yeah , hes been in office for 4 years already and I dont see the nuclear shield up yet, or another arms racce beginning...
  • Options
    Aladdin, what do you think of PutKin? He reminds me of some of the people we studied in the old Soviet Union. This test scares me less than the report the Bin Laden was seeking nuclear weapons...except...what if Russia tries to sell the technology?
  • Options
    i really should have my humour liscense revoked for the comment i am about to make, but wouldnt an advancement in russian nuclear technology mean they actually had nukes which were not covered in rust and mildew, and with an effective chain of command for firing proceedure and firing orders through the government, basically the russians might actually start been a threat to global society
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Yeah , hes been in office for 4 years already and I dont see the nuclear shield up yet, or another arms racce beginning...
    Have you read the link at all? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by bluestatesman
    Aladdin, what do you think of PutKin? He reminds me of some of the people we studied in the old Soviet Union. This test scares me less than the report the Bin Laden was seeking nuclear weapons...except...what if Russia tries to sell the technology?

Personally I think he's heading towards being a dictator, he's very much a KGB man, lots of cronnies about.

However, at the moment he's on our side, so who cares if his human rights record is bad and he rigs elections!

As for Bin Laden and nukes, hmm, possible, theres enough of them laying about. The idea of a 'dirty bomb' though is quite unlikely, or at least unlikely to cause any real damage. It would really only be a fear weapon.
  • Options
    More or less what bongbudda said bluestateman.

I think Putin is a nasty piece of work in some aspects... at best a corrupted man of dubious ways.

Though I can't blame him one bit for seeking to upgrade his arsenal.

The idea that the US might develope a technology that would make it immune to missile attacks while retaining its own capability is insane and dangerous.

Incidentally, the Chinese will not be falling behind in upgrading their systems to ensure they beat the shield (if the shield works, which most experts doubt).

Add that to Bush renouncing to the non-proliferation treaties that had work so well for decades, and you have a much more unsafe and dangerous world you had 4 years ago.
  • Options
    In my opinion, I think a biological weapon is more likely, and you dont need a rocket to deliver it. I mean a decent biochemist can culture a pretty virile virus in thier kitchen, or pick up a good bacteria from thier local hospital which is immune to most known antibiotics, with a little tinkering here and there you've got a pandemic.
    The Americans have something called a nuclear football, I believe its the case thats always carried with the president, its used incase the president needs to launch a nuclear attack from a remote location. The Russians apparently have one thats more sophisticated Im not sure how, I think it brews good vodca or something, but my point is for a recessive super power they seem to have some aces up there sleeves, MrG.