Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wonder if anyone can help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi.

My girlfriend currently has a swollen stomach and she has been vomiting quite a bit. I do want her to go and see a doctor but she is very reluctant.

About 5 weeks ago she and I were fooling around and I inserted my fingers in to her vagina. I am not totally sure if there was any pre-cum on my fingers or not.

But anyway about two weeks ago she took a home preganancy test with me in attendance.
The test came up as negative.
However last month she missed her period and at the moment it looks like she is going to miss this one.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Comments

• Options
    Go to a doctor, for God's sakes.

I would suggest ringing NHS Direct on 0845 46 47, but that's all they'll tell you to do too.
  • Options
    Yeah I am fed up telling her that as well but she is like yeah I'll be grand. The timg is she is 78 mile from me and even the word doctor and she is like no way, not going, dont care.
  • Options
    That bright is she?

Not much you can do mate, you couldn't even ring NHS Direct for advice without the patient being next to you.

If she's too stupid to get it checked out then what can you do?

Semen doesn't last long outside the body, though, so unless you touched your penis then put your fingers straight into her I wouldn't expect it to be pregnancy. Though it has happened.

Of course, you shouldn't take a pregnancy test until you miss a period.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Of course, you shouldn't take a pregnancy test until you miss a period.

Yeah she was already late at this point. It was the 29th of last month when she took the home preganancy test.

But she has her reasons for not liking the doctor suppose everyone does really.
  • Options
    FFS, really, she needs to get tested again, doctor, family planning, boots, really she needs a test, send her one recorded delivery
  • Options
    Forget for one moment that she might possibly be pregnant (because although the chance is there is it rather slim). If she is having other problems like vomitting and swollen stomach and missed periods then that could be indicative of something more sinister.

Visit her and explain your worries to her.
  • Options
    Just tell her that she has to put the fear of docs aside as it could be something serious & what would she rather?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Forget for one moment that she might possibly be pregnant (because although the chance is there is it rather slim). If she is having other problems like vomitting and swollen stomach and missed periods then that could be indicative of something more sinister.

:yes:

this is a really good point. It sounds quite unlikely that she is pregnant, but either way, she needs to get some medical advice. I know that you know this, but it's up to you to try and convince her!
    Good luck :)