Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Smoking Ban proposed for England

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kermit
    So you're saying that you will never go out if you can't light up a cancer stick inside the pub?

Sorry, but that's pathetic.

Iwas talking about bingo, I cant see them stopping the game so we can go outside for a fag...can you ?

Also I dont often go to the pub now but if I had to sit all night without a fag then I wouldnt go. Its not pathetic, I like to smoke whilst having a drink and if i cant then I will not bother going.
    If I broke the law by smoking id be in the wrong and because I wont break the law im getting called pathetic.....cant really win can i.

What will happen is that people will just light up in the loos anyhow, they wont go outside when they are on a night out.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    he no smoking bit is just as popular as the smoking bit, but its only a fraction of the size and its sandwiched between two smoking areas.

So the no smoking is a fraction of the size as I expected, going from my personal experience in my local hall the smoking ALAWYS fills up first. So what does that tell you ?
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Also I dont often go to the pub now but if I had to sit all night without a fag then I wouldnt go.
    Becky, listen to me....... THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BAN ANYONE FROM SMOKING. please stop doing a lukesh.
    All they are saying is when you want a fag you just nip outside for a minute while you quickly smoke it and then you come back in. Same as youd do respectfully if you went round to the house of someone who didnt smoke. Youd smoke in the garden.
  • Options
    So the no smoking is a fraction of the size as I expected, going from my personal experience in my local hall the smoking ALAWYS fills up first. So what does that tell you ?

A lot of people are going to die young and painfully.
  • Options
    ....... THEY ARE NOT GOING TO BAN ANYONE FROM SMOKING.

Really, I thought they were.

Fiend.........give your head a shake :rolleyes:
  • Options

Why's that then? I'm not wrong.
  • Options

:eek2:
  • Options
    Iwas talking about bingo, I cant see them stopping the game so we can go outside for a fag...can you ?

No they wont, same as they dont stop the game if someone needs the toilet or wants to go and buy a drink. People are expected to do those things inbetween games when party bingo is on. I expect thats when most people will nip out for a cigarette too, thats why i said they will probably lose a bit of money on party bingo because most of the smokers will nip out then, rather than chainsmoking indoors.,
  • Options
    :eek2:

:lol:

erm let me correct you about the statement you made, if I want a drink I just take my books with me like many other people do :p
  • Options
  • Options
    i was having an argument with my best mate about this the other day. we both started smoking at the same time, 5 years ago, and we tried to quit together quite a few times using various techniques. in the end i quit, but she never had the inclination.

our argument was much the same as what i've been reading on here apart from one thing she said, which sticks in my mind because it at the time i almost cried to hear her say it. she said 'and then i'll be 70 and i'll find it hard to get out, and i wont even be able to do the things i would want to do becuse i wont be able to go out without smoking.' .. and i thought 'shit' -- shes 18 and she cant see the possibility that in 50 years she would have given this all up

it makes me feel sick with worry