Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is my thinb knackard?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Few weeks ago I done something to my thumb, not sure what tho, I was drunk. It was really badly bruised and I still cannot bend with out it feeling still and hurting. It get's worse in the cold as well. Prolly still bruised?

Comments

• Options
    prolly still broken??
  • Options
    Nah I don't think it was broken, altho I cannot say for sure because I have never had a broken bone. I think I have just jinxed my self now.
  • Options
    p.s, I cannot spell.
  • Options
    i'd still get it checked out... a thumb so badly bruised that you can't move it for over a few weeks is likely to be more than bruising. you could have fractured it- greenstick fracture- which isn't exactly breaking a bone. go get it xrayed.

and p.s. it's okay as long as you try!
  • Options
    it's probly a combination of Brusing and muscle tear/sprain and quite possibly ligament damage if it's still hurting badly

I doubt it's broken if you can actually move it (unless moving it causes you to pass out from pain lol)

It should heal fine it just needs time
  • Options
    Originally posted by queenmab_roo
    greenstick fracture
    He's probably a bit old for a greenstick fracture. They occur in children because they have soft bones which tend to bend rather than snap.

I agree with Ace. Sounds badly bruised to me or you may have damaged a ligament or two. Might be worth a chat with your GP though as it's been a few weeks since you did it.
  • Options
    Just for you lot to know i work with the ambulance service so am qualified to sya this.

If i was you m8, if you cannot move your thumb without pain then you might have a scaphoid fracture which is when you break or fracture a small part of the bottom of your thumb or you might have actually broke your thumb. Without an x-ray you wont know. I would get yourself to your local accident and emergency unit or casualty to get it checked out. It will not heal on its own if it is broke/fractured. You will just make it worse!!
    Get to casualty asap.. Do not ring for a emergency ambulance thou! ;)
  • Options
    It's ok kinda, just feels sore, specialy in the cold, think I must of pulled a muscle or something.