Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What a bloody waste of time!!

As you may or may not know last spring I had a operation on my knee because the knee cap was running diagonally instead of up and down.
Not only has it not worked and gone back to going diagonally, but I'm in more pain than ever!! Instead of the acheing that I used to get I have sharp pains now like there is a pin in my knee constantly rubbing on the bone.

Its pissing me off cos I have to run up and down the stairs alot for work and I live in the attick and have to run up and down to do things for my mum whos just had a knee op aswell.

I got my op done privatly becuase the waiting list was so long and I was in pain, and shelled out over a grand to get it done faster.

I just so pissed off!! I'm going to go back and complain but do you think its worth telling them to do it for free becuase they messed up the first time or will that not work?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Because it didn't work can you not threaten to sue them? Just a thought.
  • Options
    bodies don't really work like that. there's always a chance something can go wrong, or it won't work. even when i had my teeth out, they went through all the risks and any complications with me. so i imagine a complex body part like a knee would be much less straighforward. and i inmagine you will have signed consent before surgery?

what i would do is give the people who did it a ring, explain what's happening, and ask for their advice.
  • Options
    Re: What a bloody waste of time!!
    Originally posted by Zella
    I'm going to go back and complain but do you think its worth telling them to do it for free becuase they messed up the first time or will that not work?
    Don't get stroppy, but do go back and tell your consultant that you're in agony (although it seems like you're able to run up and down stairs well enough) and that you'd like him to investigate.

If the pain is a complication of the operation or was not explained to you as a possible outcome of surgery, then your surgeon should be willing to examine it for free.

In fact, ring the consultant's private secretary and ask her advice.