Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

other answers to depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok, so theres *shudders* shock therapy, ADs and counsiling, but surely there must be other effective means of helping get rid of depression. i know herbal things are offten surgested, but i've found that they have never helped.

anyone know of anything???

Comments

• Options
    excersise, do things that take your mind of yourself

what i did. and a good long 'pull own head out of arse and look around you' moment
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    excersise, do things that take your mind of yourself

what i did. and a good long 'pull own head out of arse and look around you' moment

did the latter......scared myself shitless.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    exercise, do things that take your mind of yourself. and a good long 'pull own head out of arse and look around you' moment.
    Yeah, the same here. Some people on this website had to force me to pull my head out to see what was going on and I am eternally glad that they did. They keep me in check. I don't know what I'd have done without them.
  • Options
    fair enough. facing reality is part of it, but what i'm finding the hardest is trying to then cope in reality with all the shit its throwing at me now. life feels like a constant barage of crap buring me.

i need help.
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    fair enough. facing reality is part of it, but what i'm finding the hardest is trying to then cope in reality with all the shit its throwing at me now. life feels like a constant barage of crap buring me.

i need help.
    voluntary work with old fogies ...no that will piss you off.
    voluntary work with disabled ...deprived kids ...battered wives ...the homeless etc etc.
    it takes effort and comittment.
    it takes your mind off of you.
    it opens your eyes to the shit others are having to deal with.
    it is very rewarding.
    it gets you into new routines.
    try it and see.
  • Options
    being open about how you really feel instead of trying to put on a front all the time.

getting out and doing what you should be doing even when it seems like a hell of an effort

telling those close to you when you are feeling unsafe so that they can keep an eye on you

understanding that you're not the only person in the world who feels like this

music
  • Options
    or theres always a lobotomy
  • Options
    Originally posted by xmizzcattyx
    music

:yes:

best answer to everything.

i think i need to love myself more. and just think yeah, i've been through shit but i've got this far and i can go further. a friend told me yesterday that he was proud of me and he saw me as a survivor. i can do this i know i can, and i will.
  • Options
    i know you are feeling down right now and your entitled to that like everyone but being in this state is no good

make some changes in your life, new friends, hobbies, concentrate on other people and other things

you may not want to hear this but you've not got the worst life theres people out there plenty worse off than you and you need to see that and stop constantly feeling sorry for yourself and thinking what could have been, it wont change a thing. whats done is done and even though its upset you, you can live your life through past events
  • Options
    Originally posted by twisted_trinity
    :yes:

best answer to everything.

indeed it is :D:D:D:D