Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Men's Shirts To Tuck or Not To Tuck

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What's the concensus on men tucking in their shirts into their trousers?

And are there any site with some example of shirts espacially designed NOT to be tucked in - perhas with a slit in the side or cut with curves, etc to make it look better then a straight shirt?

Comments

• Options
    By slit I mean something like this to make the leg look longer

http://www.jastown.com/patterns/jr-707.jpg
  • Options
    shirts should be tucked in if worn with a suit or smart trousers. If work with casual trousers or jeans then always untucked.
  • Options
    Depends what you're wearing with it obviously, where you're going etc. There isn't just one universal way.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    shirts should be tucked in if worn with a suit or smart trousers. If work with casual trousers or jeans then always untucked.

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite

yes, thirded.
  • Options
    At school I used to always tuck my sirt in (but we all wore the sweatshirt over it) now I wear my black zipper and the shirt looks gay tucked in so its always untucked.

I agree with RB
  • Options
    OK so ideally lets say you wear a shirt untucked ... how long should it be?

Like where should the bottom end .. for instance long enough to cover your behind, just past the belt line?

What do you think looks best?

Off on holiday soon and might get some custom made shirts.
  • Options
    this too depends on what type of shirt you're talking about..

however.. i generally HATE it when men where shirts that are long....
  • Options
    One thing men should NEVER EVER do though is tuck a jumper or sweatshirt into their trousers/jeans. It's wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    One thing men should NEVER EVER do though is tuck a jumper or sweatshirt into their trousers/jeans. It's wrong.

Do men still do that :eek2:

Casual shirts with jeans look nice hanging out and stuff, tucked in looks to formal, unless of course you are at work or something like that. And can also create unsightly trouser/waist bulges :p
  • Options
    love men wit their shirts tooked out at bars and clubs or in casual daytime lok-not work wear or for posh places though.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    OK so ideally lets say you wear a shirt untucked ... how long should it be?

Like where should the bottom end .. for instance long enough to cover your behind, just past the belt line?

What do you think looks best?

Off on holiday soon and might get some custom made shirts.

I like them at the hip line, but it also depends on how wide the cut of the shirt is. If the shirt is skinny it looks a bit wrong if it is long IMO.
  • Options
    I prefer shirts to be left not tucked in, or tucked in loosely if its a long shirt. When shirts are tucked in really tight it looks wrong.
    When I was at school and we had to tuck our shirts in and I hated it. I also had to tuck my polo shirt in for work, but I think it looks stupid and never did it, kept getting told off, so I just tucked a little bit in at the front.
  • Options
    Why a custom shirt? I bought a nice enough shirt from Burton in Oxford Street last week £25

Pink and black :p

BTW what's everybody's feelings on different shirt designs.

For me I like my black shirt with pink detail. I don't mind wearing pink it's a colour only for real men ...

Who on this board wears those ghastly patchwork shirts from TopMan?