Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why, oh fucking why?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the fucking point in guys wearing a tshirt with one of them fucking stupid thick scarves?

It looks fucking stupid, and whenever I see a guy wearing that (and without trying to sound nasty) I want to smack the shite out of them.

The end.

Comments

• Options
    Ive personally never seen that
  • Options
    i think guys in scarves looks generally noncey
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    i think guys in scarves looks generally noncey
    I dont agree, I think it looks as though theyre trying to keep warm, but it seems a bit ridiculous to wear a scarf with a tshirt. If its cold enough to wear a scarf, its too cold for a tshirt, unless its just underneath your wooly jumper.
  • Options
    Not seen anyone doing it this year, but there were shit loads of guys in clubs with it last year. It looks fucking retarded, like wearing sunglasses in a club.

Seriously, do people just get out of bed one morning and decide this will be a good idea?
  • Options
    I'm wearing a scarf with a t-shirt (inside) cuz I'm too lazy to carry the scarf. :( It's long and bulky and gets tangled up in my lefs and makes me fall over. I'm such a poser.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    I'm wearing a scarf with a t-shirt (inside) cuz I'm too lazy to carry the scarf. :( It's long and bulky and gets tangled up in my lefs and makes me fall over. I'm such a poser.
    You really should take the scarf off in case someone sees you through the window.
  • Options
    i like wearing my scarf and gloves (got loads, no hats no-dont like them) all the guys scarves you see are always really 'preppy'

no i dont think its a good look, reminds me of a pic of my dad in the 70s with a yellow and black down to the floor number :yuck:
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    You really should take the scarf off in case someone sees you through the window.

I'm on the fourth floor. Only people who can see me now are builders, and god knows they're not the epitome of fashion either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    I'm on the fourth floor. Only people who can see me now are builders, and god knows they're not the epitome of fashion either.
    phew :p
  • Options
    Hehe :p I've taken it off now anyway. Was getting too hot.
  • Options
    Re: Why, oh fucking why?
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    What is the fucking point in guys wearing a tshirt with one of them fucking stupid thick scarves?

It looks fucking stupid, and whenever I see a guy wearing that (and without trying to sound nasty) I want to smack the shite out of them.

The end.

Never seen JUST a T-shirt and scarf, but I like the look when it's a long-sleeved tshirt under a normal one and a scarf, Emo style. LOVE the Emo look on guys......
  • Options
    my friend was wearing green and white converse trainers blue ripped jeans a white tshirt and a green and white scarf with a black blazer and he looked good.

when worn properly scarfs look ok with tshirts :)
  • Options
    I don't get why people make such a big deal out of it...
    I mean a lot of women wear scarves indoor with long and short-sleeved shirts, but when guys do it, then it's retarded or whatever.

I like the look :p
    Yes, I am an emo-hag or whatever you call it... :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by rockerchick
    a green and white scarf with a black blazer

That isn't just a tshirt then, is it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

I mean a lot of women wear scarves indoor with long and short-sleeved shirts, but when guys do it, then it's retarded or whatever.

They look stupid too.

Like someone said before, what's the point? Is your neck at a different climate to the rest of your body?

I used to think you had style. You disapoint me, Tal :(
  • Options
    Actually the neck is more prone to catch a cold when bear, than the arms for example.

Dammit, I like the look - and have to find a way to justify the look. Though as you say, yes, it is ilogical But since when is fasion supposed to be reasonable?

And, I still have and posses style :(
  • Options
    there a girl at uni who always wears a vest top and a big wooly scarf for lectures. one day im going to strangle her with it and put the world out of their misery
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    there a girl at uni who always wears a vest top and a big wooly scarf for lectures. one day im going to strangle her with it and put the world out of their misery

See, now that looks wrong!
  • Options
    Damn. Stay out of the West Midlands then. ;<

It's like everyone who is meant to have style wears them. Last year they seemed to wear them properly, now they just have them dangle. A scarf cannot make you look good unlike shoes/trousers/jackets/etc, so why?!
  • Options
    It's too heavy and long to carry!!

I found a coathanger today, though. I am scarf-less inside.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

Oh my God, I was in Psychology today and thought of this.

There was this girl on the opposite side of the room wearing a bright yellow teeny tiny vest top thing, and a baby pink chunky scarf wrapped round her neck.

She was in a car accident not long ago and got whiplash, and has worn this scarf since. So I thought, maybe she has to have a neck brace thing round her neck so she wears the scarf to cover it. Someone else obviously thought this, because they said to her - 'have you still got your neck thing on?'

She replied:

'No, I'm just freezing!'

So put some substantial bloody clothes on you silly cow. A scarf doesn't do that much to warm you up. Maybe with a coat, to keep your neck warm. But not on its own! Fuck's sake. Where's the logic, people?
  • Options
    Students have no fashion sense.

The next person I see telling me that a pashmina is the epitome of fashion I will strangle with it.
  • Options
    I saw PJ from big brother in a club the other night sporting that style- scarf with t shirt. It does look divvy.