Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Animal prints...? Yay or nay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you think? :confused: I was reading Heat the other day and it's full of leopard prints....there was one pic of Kelly Osbourne in printed shoes and they looked kinda cool, I prefered them to the whole print dress or something. Has anyone seen any animal prints in the shops and if you have where?

Comments

• Options
    :lol::lol::lol:

As I've said sooo many times before, when you start copying "trends" because you see them in Heat magazine you should be arrested and issued with a restraining order preventing you from going within 500m of clothes shops.

But when you start copying trends from Kelly Osbourne you're beyond help and suicide is your only option.
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    Urgh. Animal prints.

Weren't cool when it was cowprints that were in. Not when it was snake. And neither now when it is leopard.

Leave 'em alone.
  • Options
    I quite like them :) Not like a whole leopard print dress or something, but a little is ok.
    I quite like some of kind of 80's punk look anyways, got a nice blue and black leopard print zip-up a few years ago that i really like.
    This season its been a bit over-done but i did buy a leopard-print bag and tights and a zebra print scarf. Hmm, as long as you dont wear a whole animal print outfit and you dont end up looking like Dorian from birds of a feather then i think it can look good...
  • Options
    i would say.... unless you're a pimp or a prostitute... stay away...

it always looks so tacky..
  • Options
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way :eek:
  • Options
    Uno | Dos | Tres | Quatro

'Nuff said about what Kelly Osbourne thinks looks good tbh.
  • Options
    nay!

think kat slater, who wants to look like that!?
  • Options
    nobody should wear animal prints under any circumstances ever ever :(
  • Options
    you'd loook like a looooosser and you'd dress like one tooooo
  • Options
    I think you should go for it :thumb:
  • Options
    I used to have a leopard print fur fabric coat. it looked fucking ace with my sue catwoman pillarbox red hair. It looked more like sparrow fur after the first wash, but anyway...............
    You wear what you want to wear.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys...God there's a lot of hate for kelly here I was just pointing out that i preferred the jeans/tee/print shoes she was wearing compared to the all over print attack Kate Moss/jessica simpson were wearing on the same page...and I was actually against the prints until i saw that pic! However, I must say that sometimes kelly can look ubercool and that the pics shown were of her looking slightly less ubercool and yes I know that I'm gonna get loads of hate for saying that :rolleyes: But ahhhh well....:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Uno | Dos | Tres | Quatro

'Nuff said about what Kelly Osbourne thinks looks good tbh.

You've chosen pictures in which she doesn't look particularly nice but I personally think Kelly Osbourne is very attractive and whilst I don't dress like her I more often than not like what she wears and I like her unique sense of style. Just thought I would balance out the argument with a more favourable POV.

To the original question - a little bit of print on some shoes may be ok, but anything else might be a bit OTT.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    You've chosen pictures in which she doesn't look particularly nice but I personally think Kelly Osbourne is very attractive and whilst I don't dress like her I more often than not like what she wears and I like her unique sense of style. Just thought I would balance out the argument with a more favourable POV.

I don't think there are any pics where she looks particularly nice. She's fat, short, has no facial structure, horrible eyes, horrible mouth and sports a worse haircut every time she leaves the house.

Anyway, my point was to give examples of why you shouldn't blindly follow what celebrities wear, as every one of them (Kelly more so than the rest) has had their fair share of fashion disasters.
  • Options
    I like her unique sense of style.

o_0

A recent survey revealed that many people thought there was something good-looking about a 'messy' look (hair, jeans, shirts etc). You seem to have confused the 'messy' look with the 'no-future-no-home-tramp-out-of-bed/hell-look', which proved quite unpopular.
  • Options
    im no fan of kelly osborne..

but i think this picture shows shes not fat (though is in comparison to that skinny thing beside her), and that there are people who dress worse than her (ie that skinny thing beside her)

that bow is bad though..vma7_082803.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

but i think this picture shows shes not fat

Look at her legs fs ;[
    and that there are people who dress worse than her

...Point? I was saying that you shouldn't blindly copy fads just because you see a celebrity wearing it, not that Kelly Osbourne is the worst dressed celeb. If anything you've backed up my point.

But while we're on it, yeah, Kelly Osbourne is probably the worst dressed celeb.
  • Options
    Look at her legs fs ;[

...Point? I was saying that you shouldn't blindly copy fads just because you see a celebrity wearing it, not that Kelly Osbourne is the worst dressed celeb. If anything you've backed up my point.

But while we're on it, yeah, Kelly Osbourne is probably the worst dressed celeb.

i wasnt trying to start a debate on kelly osborne cos i dont even like her. i just find it kinda shallow when people call people fat. yeh shes chubby but not in a disgusting way
  • Options
    She wears far too much makeup for a start.

And yeah, the worst dressed celeb is between her and Kelis.
  • Options
    I wouldnt say she was fat. but her and her brother definitely got hit with the ugly stick on the way out.
  • Options
    Animal prints yuck.

I used to have a see through leopard print shirt when I was 14, it was quite fashionable then, but it was still horrible!
  • Options
    I don't think there are any pics where she looks particularly nice. She's fat, short, has no facial structure, horrible eyes, horrible mouth and sports a worse haircut every time she leaves the house.

In your opinion. Mine is the opposite and I'm allowed to voice it.
    You seem to have confused the 'messy' look with the 'no-future-no-home-tramp-out-of-bed/hell-look', which proved quite unpopular.

No Capacity, I haven't, but thanks for taking the time to express your views. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blah_x2
    i just find it kinda shallow when people call people fat. yeh shes chubby but not in a disgusting way

OK, she isn't fat in a disgusting way, she's disgusting in a disgusting way.
    In your opinion. Mine is the opposite and I'm allowed to voice it.

State the obvious award goes to you!
  • Options
    Oh, and calling her fat would be a little shallow. Though if you've ever watched The Osbournes you'd know she hasn't exactly got much going on on the personality side of things either.
  • Options
    Oh, and calling her fat would be a little shallow. Though if you've ever watched The Osbournes you'd know she hasn't exactly got much going on on the personality side of things either.

:yes:
  • Options

No Capacity, I haven't, but thanks for taking the time to express your views. :)

18 years and I've never been wrong. This is not the first time. =)))))))))))))))))))))))
  • Options
    You're only 18? Why did I think you were, like, 25 or something?
  • Options
    Originally posted by eefs
    You're only 18? Why did I think you were, like, 25 or something?

I am; but the first seven or so years of my life I was like, wrong all the time. ;<
  • Options

I can honestly say I've never watched the show in my life. Still, even if I had I couldn't judge her as they pick and choose what to put out on TV. Anyway, I'm sure the OP would rather we didn't argue about the merits of Kelly Osbourne. Still, at least you admit calling her fat is somewhat shallow, because she quite clearly isn't.