Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lets hope.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
According to this report, UEFA are clamping down on cheating and diving. Lets hope it does happen and we can enjoy a good game of football instead of watching a theatrical drama. I think this will help the young players like Ronaldo improve on his game instead of him looking to win a free-kick everytime he gets the ball. I also hope they give lengthy bans if the diver has got a penalty or a player sent off due to his cheating.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004511425,00.html
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    That rule would cause chaos in the Continent! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    That rule would cause chaos in the Continent! :D
    It sure would but rightly so. We have had it creeping into the english game for a while now with the foreigners coming to play over here but English clubs and the country still seem to get robbed abroad a lot because they are not used to constant diving. It has needed looking into abroad for many years and it does need looking into over here now and hopefully this rule will put an end to most of it.
    It will give players something to think about, now they can dive, win a penalty and get 3 points for there team. If this rule comes in they will still get 3 points but hopefully a 3 game ban, is it worth it?? We'll see what the players decide.

Another point though is even tv replays cannot always determine whether a player has dived so its still going to be tricky to call. I think slow motion sometimes makes it look like a foul when actually it wasn't.........discuss :)