Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Elections, Hot off the Press

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    they are a global superpower. everything that happens there will directly or indirectly affect us. even down to my petrol from my pertol station in little old leeds costing 3p a litre more than it used to.

not to mention that the leader of OUR country has taken to inserting himself up bushes arsehole, so wherever they lead, we follow. iraq war, anyone? and it is our people too suffering the gloabl consequences. ken bigley, anyone?

you dont get it.

Why should everyone be soo worked up about something they KNOW they cant change.

Its like moaning about to say person a whos killed person b. Is it going to bring back person b? No, so whats the point .
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    They really couldn't.

Go on tell me how he is doing a good job? Is the American economy being in billions of dollars of debt a good job? That economic downfall will affect the rest of the world. Remember the last time the american markets crashed? IT AFFECTED THE WHOLE WORLD.
  • Options
    ken bigley, anyone?

Not to sound insensitive, but he's only one guy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    Why should everyone be soo worked up about something they KNOW they cant change.

because there was an opportunity for change. and it was thrown away.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    That's right, keep moaning about it like a bitch. A few more posts and Bush might sense your anger and resign.

AT least I am voicing freedom of speech, which is something that Americans probably won't be able to do in the next four years.
  • Options
    because there was an opportunity for change. and it was thrown away.

yes but what could US ENGLISH PEOPLE DO ABOUT IT?!

Nothing.

Did we get a vote? No.

I still dont see why everyone was getting into such a big panzy about it, It was a decision OUT OF OUR HANDS and we just need to accept the result.

There was nothing us british could of done about the result.
  • Options
    Not to sound insensitive, but he's only one guy.

only one of the people who die every day because of american foreign policy and this godforsaken war.

just because you don't hear about them (they're not the prized american military, you see) doesn't mean they don't die.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    Go on tell me how he is doing a good job?

You misunderstood he's saying. He didn't say how good a job Bush has done, he's asking how you could (feasably) do a better one. Bearing in mind you know fuck all about running a country, nevermind one as large as the US.
    That economic downfall will affect the rest of the world. Remember the last time the american markets crashed? IT AFFECTED THE WHOLE WORLD.

You're still missing the point. It may affect the whole world, but all this moaning you're doing won't change a fucking thing.
  • Options
    you're still missing the point. It may affect the whole world, but all this moaning you're doing won't change a fucking thing. [/B]

Exactly.
  • Options
    You're still missing the point. It may affect the whole world, but all this moaning you're doing won't change a fucking thing.

ah yes, and at a football match, when one side loses, they all say 'oh well, moaning about it won't help. i'll just go happily on with my life'.
  • Options
    ah yes, and at a football match, when one side loses, they all say 'oh well, moaning about it won't help. i'll just go happily on with my life'.

But they dont.

Thats why people at a whole are stupid, They need to accept a decision / result and not moan about it like a little child.
  • Options
    Go on tell me how he is doing a good job? Is the American economy being in billions of dollars of debt a good job? That economic downfall will affect the rest of the world. Remember the last time the american markets crashed? IT AFFECTED THE WHOLE WORLD.

Oh.. My... Gosh.

You're how old? 18. You've been 'studying' politics for what? 18 months? And you think you're Maggy Thatch. I couldn't give two fucks about politics and nor do I know anything about it. Yet, I still know enough to tell you that running a country that "AFFECTS TEH REST OPF TH WORLD OMGGZ!2" is not an easy task and I doubt there are more than a handful of people who could do a better job. Even giving them the chance to make a better job is taking a big risk.

Why not give Bush time to do what he says he's going to do and fix his fuck-up? If four years from now I turn out to be wrong, then I'll start a public post "FAO RENZOKUKEN" and admitt that I was wrong, you were wrong, and I STILL don't give a fuck about politics.
  • Options
    Thats why people at a whole are stupid, They need to accept a decision / result and not moan about it like a little child.

as opposed to burying their head in the sand because it doesn't affect them?

na na can't hear you na na don't care about bush na na
  • Options

just because you don't hear about them (they're not the prized american military, you see) doesn't mean they don't die.

Ehh... that's exactly what I've been saying only the other way 'round for the past year. Noone gave a shit about the Iraqi's Saddam was killing each year as long as we didn't hear about them, but as soon as the coalition sustained any casualites trying to stop it (Shut up, I don't care if the real reason they went to war was oil, I know that) it was deemed an unacceptable loss.

It's war, of course there's going to be losses.
  • Options
    AT least I am voicing freedom of speech, which is something that Americans probably won't be able to do in the next four years.

Overreact much?

Now you're starting to get it. The vast majority of the people jumping on the "I hate Bush and I don't know why" bandwagon are the kinda people who get that worked up over their side losing when they can't do a fucking thing to change it.
  • Options
    Now you're starting to get it. The vast majority of the people jumping on the "I hate Bush and I don't know why" bandwagon are the kinda people who get that worked up over their side losing when they can't do a fucking thing to change it. [/B]

Exactly, people need to learn to accept a result / decision as i said before.

But will they? No, The majority of people are too ignorant to accept a decision / result.

They want to moan about it like a fucking child because they think that their moaning will change something.

How wrong they are.
  • Options
    Overreact much?

do you actually know anything about what's been happening in america since bush got elected?

freedom of speech is already dead.
  • Options
    do you actually know anything about what's been happening in america since bush got elected?

freedom of speech is already dead.

yeah, it comes to something when people can't post something Bush-related on their livejournal's without getting a visit from the Secret Service (link is here)
  • Options

They made quite a few reality TV shows with 'Joe' in the title. Why?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Adelle
    yeah, it comes to something when people can't post something Bush-related on their livejournal's without getting a visit from the Secret Service (link is here)

Thats the most rediculous thing ive ever heard.

how stupid.
  • Options
    i give up.

well, on the day your whole family dies in a terrorist bombing, there'll be no point moaning or crying, cause you can't change anything.
  • Options

well, on the day your whole family dies in a terrorist bombing, there'll be no point moaning or crying, cause you can't change anything.

FINALLY! You understand!
  • Options
    They made quite a few reality TV shows with 'Joe' in the title. Why?

Oh they were good I liked them
  • Options
    FINALLY! You understand!

either you're joking (which i hope you are), you're an idiot, or you're the most coldhearted person i've ever met.

either way, you clearly know nothing about the global political climate at the moment, so i might as well be having this conversation with my dog.
  • Options
    i give up.

I still cant believe you said that.

How in the world can you compare your family dieing to what US president has been voted in.
  • Options
    I still cant believe you said that.

How in the world can you compare your family dieing to what US president has been voted in.

go tell that to all the families of the people who died in the Madrid train bombings. i'm sure they'll be interested to hear what you have to say on the subject. after all, there was nothing they could have done.
  • Options
    go tell that to all the families of the people who died in the Madrid train bombings. i'm sure they'll be interested to hear what you have to say on the subject. after all, there was nothing they could have done.

If your member of family dies or whatever, thats a LOT more serious than what US president has been voted in, or who won at the football or whatever.

I think you should be allowed to moan and get upset about a family member dieing. Its called Grieving.

However there is no such thing as "Grieving" as to what president is voted on or what result there was at the football.
  • Options
    I think that people are forgetting about the situation Bush was put in with september 11th. I dont think he has done a brilliant job but i think hes done a job. And has made the world a better place in the long term. Like Kiezo and that are saying accept it and stop moaning. Lets just see what happens. Or maybe this wont matter if we get blair out in next years elections.:p
  • Options
    either you're joking

WD.
    so i might as well be having this conversation with my dog.

Yeah, you might as well because either way it still won't change anything.

God.
    i'm sure they'll be interested to hear what you have to say on the subject.

They lost my sympathy when they done the most stupid thing possible and actually gave in to the terrorists' demands by withdrawing their troops from Iraq.
  • Options
    They lost my sympathy when they done the most stupid thing possible and actually gave in to the terrorists' demands by withdrawing their troops from Iraq.

the iraqis had nothing to do with it.

any world leader with an ounce of conscience would withdraw their troops from iraq.
    I think that people are forgetting about the situation Bush was put in with september 11th. I dont think he has done a brilliant job but i think hes done a job. And has made the world a better place in the long term.

you're joking, i assume.