Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I Don't Work Here

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever go into a shop to do your shoppingand have random people thinking you just work there and asking you questions?

Comments

• Options
    Re: I Don't Work Here
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Ever go into a shop to do your shoppingand have random people thinking you just work there and asking you questions?
    you must wear dreadful clothes!
  • Options
    I went into a Wetherspoon's pub after work and this woman asked me where the phones are when I was coming back from the loo.

She had that whole "Excuse me" attitude. Ugh.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I get bus related enquiries all the fucking time - only because some of the buses are greeny and my work shirt is cream with thin green checks :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Once when i worked for smiths i was sent to buy some battries from Wilkinsons. I was in my smiths uniform and somebody kept asking me things...
  • Options
    Re: Re: I Don't Work Here
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    you must wear dreadful clothes!

When I wore suits I'd get asked stuff in M&S all the time

Now I go to the gym and when I'm wearing my black bottoms and bright red top I get asked questions in the supermarket next door, even though their staff wear blue shirts!!

It happens so often now I'm getting quite annoyed and may just see if I can be really rude to a customer and get them to call the manager to try and fire me!!! :D

I'd love to see the look on their face when they realise I'm only doing my own shopping there!!! But I'll ony do that if someone ever is really rude to me!!
  • Options
    I actually asked someone if I could try something on when they didn't work in a shop the other day, I nearly died! :blush:

Never happens to me though.
  • Options
    Its happened a couple of times at HMV with me. Just made up something to say to them.
  • Options
    Someone once assumed I was the manager in one branch of Smiths and came up to have a right moan at me. It took me about three minutes of listening to her ranting before I could get a word in edgeways... 'just listen to what I have to say first, will you!'

However, I was in Tescos today picking up some stuff that I can't get at work, stopped by the kiosk and some woman was asking someone behind the counter about the Lotto birthday game - and the employee didn't have a clue what she was talking about, so I explained who I was and why I knew what I was talking about, and then I put her straight. The lady behind the counter was less than happy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    I explained who I was and why I knew what I was talking about, and then I put her straight. The lady behind the counter was less than happy.

You're unbelievably arrogant.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    You're unbelievably arrogant.

I'm sorry? An employee of a store is giving a customer incorrect information because she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. The customer is likely to be confused. I do know what i'm talking about. The customer gets the right information, the store doesn't get a complaint because an employee has given a customer incorrect information which was of a financial disadvantage to the customer, the employee doesn't get bollocked for bullshitting a customer. I don't see anyone losing here, and all i've done is give a customer a piece of information which she wouldn't have otherwise understood correctly.

How is that arrogant?
  • Options
    How are you not arogant? Everything about EVERY post you make is layered and coated in anal retentive arogance.
  • Options
    How are you not arogant? Everything about EVERY post you make is layered and coated in anal retentive arogance.

Give me a specific example from this thread of something that strikes you as arrogant, that I have posted, and I will explain to you why you are wrong.
  • Options

Abso-fucking-lutely.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Abso-fucking-lutely.

Please see my previous comment,
  • Options
    Please see my previous comment,

I wasn't even meaning this specific thread, just the general amount of bullshit you spout on a daily basis.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I wasn't even meaning this specific thread, just the general amount of bullshit you spout on a daily basis.

All of my comments are intelligent, well considered and perfectly expressed. If you have a problem with anything I say, dial information, thank you for calling.
  • Options
    All of my comments are intelligent, well considered and perfectly expressed. If you have a problem with anything I say, dial information, thank you for calling.

I'm sorry, was that your attempt to be witty?
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    I'm sorry, was that your attempt to be witty?

Attempt? No, no, dear boy....
  • Options

Whatever you aimed to achieve it wasn't paticularly successful.
  • Options

*slaps*

Just shut up. It'll save about 6 pages on this thread. Seriously.

What you said sounded arrogant because it was worded in a way that made it sound like you were deliberately showing up the shop attendant and trying to embarrass her. I wouldn't be surprised if you were, mind :rolleyes: