Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Xmas Dinners

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone going to a company or other similar type of xmas do?

There seem to be so many xmas parties going on!!

Considering an Xmas meal in early December in a Whetherspoons, I think the access to cheap booze would go down well!! Has anyone ever had xmas dinner at a similar pub?

Comments

• Options
    im going to the moat house hotel in Borehamwood on the 17th Dec. for dinner and party! woo hoo. my work mates are crap so i am considering not going now....

but still its free so i might :D
  • Options
    I didnt go last year and hopefully I wont even be at the same company come the party.

But if I am then I'm not going.

Hanging out with people I dont know/like who are drinking WAY too much. Not exactly my idea of a good night out.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Got an xmas party to go to in Wigan - a fair old drive from where I live.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skive

:eek: I'll say!
  • Options

where abouts is it?, not wigan i mean the party
  • Options
    i hate christmas
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    You're in good company then - Kermit does too :p
    i used to love it but i aint looking forward to it this year....
    i aint got the money plus i aint been in a good mood for a few months and dont think things will change much for me to get better so i migt just stay in bed all day :(

what is kermit's reason for not enjoying it?
    and yours too trinity?
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mel-H
    where abouts is it?, not wigan i mean the party

Ashland the company I work for is based in Wigan. I have no idea where the party will be however.
    All I know at the moment is it's free scran and a free bar. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ours is something like the 27th of December. Which is stupid but means we get a free bar at some 4* star hotel. So it'll make up for missing Xmas Day :(
  • Options
    My department's Christmas 'do' is on the 27th of November. Going to a Chinese, then we'll stumble across the road to pubs and clubs I imagine.

The official company party will be nearer Christmas, probably in some fancy hotel. But I doubt I'll go to that one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by JsT
    Ours is something like the 27th of December. Which is stupid but means we get a free bar at some 4* star hotel. So it'll make up for missing Xmas Day :(

Nice one! My birthday happens to follow on December 27th.
  • Options
    Re: Xmas Dinners
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Is anyone going to a company or other similar type of xmas do?

There seem to be so many xmas parties going on!!

Considering an Xmas meal in early December in a Whetherspoons, I think the access to cheap booze would go down well!! Has anyone ever had xmas dinner at a similar pub?

Can't do it as I work for a franchise and the closest other bar is too far away to get staff to cover us. Maybe we'll do something after Christmas... Used to go for meals where I used to work (a little pub) in this hotel where people take hookers.

Food was nice tho.
  • Options
    I hate that. Xmas.

Our works Christmas do is in December-we all go out for food paid for by the company aand get drunk afterwards.
  • Options
    My department has got a do on the 4th Dec. Which is just 3 course meal and get pissed and go out in town.

But the whole shops do is on the 18th, at a posh hotel. Cant be bothered to go to that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonArcanum
    I hate that. Xmas.

Seconded.
  • Options

Blimmin heck that is a long way from you! Wigan is right near me <3 Mind you I suppose its worth driving all that way if its a free bar :D

Last Christmas our company went to a really posh hotel and had a meal and a disco and stuff, it was sort of like lots of different companies together. It was fun.

The year before that we went for a meal at Wetherspoons, the Christmas Dinner was gorgeous!
  • Options
    Originally posted by FireyFirenze
    The year before that we went for a meal at Wetherspoons, the Christmas Dinner was gorgeous!

What did you have?

The only thing putting me off wetherspoons is that don't do Xmas dinners on a Friday!! But the one I want is in a really great location. The meal is about £7.99 or so but thinking of just ordering a bottle of wine for every 2 or 4 people that come and doing it that way cos it works out way cheaper then ordering by the glass!!
  • Options
    ours is on the 8th of december, 70s/80s themed, any sniping and drinks will be thrown :yes:

some of the people i work with live to bitch and it really gets me down, maybe this will be a chance to show them i really have got more of a life than sniping at each other.lowlifes
  • Options
    We weren't given a staff Xmas do/dinner on the company last year, so had to organise our own. There doesn't seem to be anything organised this year as for Xmas the company has decided to make the entire department redundant. :mad: So no party, and for a bonus we're getting our P45's. Bastards!
    Having said that, we're looking at having a sort of farewell do that we'll have to organise ourselves.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    some of the people i work with live to bitch and it really gets me down,
    Yeah, the company I've been working for has become like that. It never was, it's only the past year or so that it's degenerated. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    What did you have?

It wasnt last year it was the year before, so i cant quite remember. They give you a choice of starters, I had soup. Then its normal Christmas Dinner (turkey, potatoes, veg etc) then a choice of puddings...I think I had some sort of chocolate cake. Was lovely though :)
  • Options
    Blimmin heck that is a long way from you! Wigan is right near me <3 Mind you I suppose its worth driving all that way if its a free bar :D

I've hardly met anyone form the company I work with. It's all based up north and there arn't many of us down here in the south. In over six months, I've only ever once been to the office.

ps nice to see you back. ;)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've hardly met anyone form the company I work with. It's all based up north and there arn't many of us down here in the south. In over six months, I've only ever once been to the office.

ps nice to see you back. ;)

Wellll if you need anyone to come with you because you hardly know anyone, you know who to ask :p

PS thank ye very much :) England is rather cold.
  • Options
    Wellll if you need anyone to come with you because you hardly know anyone, you know who to ask :p

Employees only. :( ...but if I'm up that way again ;)

My mates missus is kicking up stink cos she can't go and he's coming out on the piss with me. Last time we stayed away we wet to some lap dancing club, and later on he got arrested for criminal damage to a flume on a swimming pool totalling £34,000. :eek:
    She doesn't like me. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Seconded.

Ummm..... Thirded.
  • Options
    grrr, answer to number two please?!