Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Halloween costumes reach all time low.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Tonight we had a lad round trick or treating, well - can you guess what his costume was? Can you?

Go on, have a guess.

He was wearing a Walkers Crisps box over his head. With two eyeholes cut out. :eek2: :yeees:

Clearly put a lot of thought into that one then.

Comments

• Options
    When I was in town the other day all the haloween stuff was really expensive. Something like £15 or £20 for a costume, it seems rediculous to me. I guess people just are not buying them...? Damn capitalist corporate money making farce.
  • Options
    whatever happened to poking two holes in a bedsheet? same effort, much more halloweeny.

some people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    When I was in town the other day all the haloween stuff was really expensive. Something like £15 or £20 for a costume, it seems rediculous to me. I guess people just are not buying them...? Damn capitalist corporate money making farce.

He could've cut a mask out of the box and painted it! He could've nicked his mum's makeup and a black bin liner...or like Kaff said, he could've worn a sheet. But no, a bloody crisp box. I ask you. You don't have to buy a costume! Whatever happened to creativity?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    He could've cut a mask out of the box and painted it! He could've nicked his mum's makeup and a black bin liner...or like Kaff said, he could've worn a sheet. But no, a bloody crisp box. I ask you. You don't have to buy a costume! Whatever happened to creativity?

Kids today are obviously idiots then. I don't agree with Trick or Treating anyway. Any other time of the year it would be begging and making threats.
  • Options
    Kids today are obviously idiots then. I don't agree with Trick or Treating anyway. Any other time of the year it would be begging and making threats.

I almost smacked this little shite in the face on the bus home from work tonight.

He was dressed as the devil, and him and his little mates were harrasing this old couple for money, and saying they were "dead stingy" because they wouldnt give him money.

Lock up the parents.
  • Options
    Something like £15 or £20 for a costume

That's pretty average when you take into account what you get o_O
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    whatever happened to poking two holes in a bedsheet? same effort, much more halloweeny.

Black people complained it was too similar to the knights of the KKK. I kid you not.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    I almost smacked this little shite in the face on the bus home from work tonight.

He was dressed as the devil, and him and his little mates were harrasing this old couple for money, and saying they were "dead stingy" because they wouldnt give him money.

Lock up the parents.

That IS out of order.

I don't mind TOO much them coming to the door if they've made an effort. (Unless they're about 15) Wouldn't let my kids do it mind. I had to tell a few tonight that I had nothing left to give them and they were all very good natured about it.

Told one pair I had nothing left but bananas and they just walked off, ROFL. The look on their faces was priceless.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Black people complained it was too similar to the knights of the KKK. I kid you not.

given the things people complain about these days, i'm not surprised.
  • Options
    I've had a grand total of zero trick or treaters tonight:hyper: Thank god:yes:

When me & my mate went trick or treating all those many years ago. We had a bucket full of nasty stuff for the trick if people didn't do the treat.

We went to this one house where students lived & a female put her hand in the bucket because she didn't have any treats. Me & my mate laughed our heads off as he had pissed in the trick bucket naughty boy. So she had an intriguing smelling hand:D

Gone are those days as i'm more sensible now;)

.:Crispy:.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crispy

We went to this one house where students lived & a female put her hand in the bucket because she didn't have any treats.

Stupid bitch.
  • Options
    :lol: at the crisp box, its so stupid.
  • Options
    Did you throw water over the crisp box head boy?

I certainly hope you didn't treat him!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil

I certainly hope you didn't treat him!

I was so stunned I would've done if I had anything left.

I was going to comment but then I had visions of this kind of horribly deprived homelife and I didn't have the heart. :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    whatever happened to poking two holes in a bedsheet?

Not a good idea when your bedsheets are navy blue, such as mine.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Miffy
    I was so stunned I would've done if I had anything left.

I was going to comment but then I had visions of this kind of horribly deprived homelife and I didn't have the heart. :(

Yeh, you can just imagine 'well, my mum can't afford....'. :(

Perhaps best to just humour the poor wee kid.
  • Options

Ugh yeah i know, a group of 12 year old boys asked my mates on halloween firstly for sweets, then it was 'have you got any fags?'

then when they said no and walked off one of the kids ran up behind them and put his hand in my mates' bag!!!!!

luckily they didnt take anything. But it just goes to show how horrible some kids are now. :(
  • Options
    My dad teaches in the village we live, so EVERY kid in the village comes to our house. Bloody annoying. We don't even celebrate Hallowe'en, yet still have to answer the door and give out sweets. It sucks. At least this one group of twats have moved onto crashing cars and doing drugs, means they have stopped egging and flouring our house! One year they actually put a firework in our pumpkin and it exploded all over the road! Bllody funny in anyone's book. Well except my dad, but I don't think he knows what a sense of humour is.