Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Really need to dress better

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all,

i really need to dress better. 19yr old male and dont really know anything about picking clothes that suit me, well it seems like that anyway. any tips/advice... please...

Comments

• Options
    well...what kind of things are you into? and what kind of things do you wear now?
  • Options
    Your asking a lot there and giving us no information to work on.

All i can guess is go out with a good friend when you buy clothes and get things that suit you also what you like.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy

All i can guess is go out with a good friend when you buy clothes and get things that suit you also what you like.

I wouldn't recomment that. You might end up wearing stuff your friend likes, and not stuff that you actually like or even suits you.

The main question, what's your budget?
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    well...what kind of things are you into? and what kind of things do you wear now?

i'd say i was pretty 'normal', well not gothy or anything like that. when i go in clothes shops i look at things and think 'oh that's nice' or whatever, but i can't tell if it'll suit me. i just worry i'll look a bit silly that's all. maybe its a confidence thing, but i know i could look much better than i do now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    The main question, what's your budget?

errr... not huge. have just started work so i've got more money than i used to have in the days of studenthood. but can't really spend too much of it cos i'm saving for travelling/uni early next year.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shining on
    when i go in clothes shops i look at things and think 'oh that's nice' or whatever, but i can't tell if it'll suit me. i just worry i'll look a bit silly that's all.

It's all a bit trial an error at first. You won't know what suits you and what doesn't until you try a few things on. We won't really be much help here seeing as we don't know what you look like, but what kinda stuff is it you've seen that you like?
  • Options
    i'll put a picture of me up when i can find one in the depths of my comp. maybe that'll help...

until then thanks!