Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cold calling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
once again the bane of my life. a cold caller strikes and we can never be released from the inevitable circle of bullshit and sales they swing at you.

does anyone have a good or amusing technique of ditching this plague on the technological age?

Comments

• Options
    Ignore them.

Or say "yes" to everything they say, make them think that they've got a sale, then shut the door:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Ignore them.

Or say "yes" to everything they say, make them think that they've got a sale, then shut the door:)

I was thinking more of the ones that phone you up really. I had one who I kept hanging up, and they repeatedly called me back saying 'we must have got cut off' and 'i'd just like to tell you one more thing'....
  • Options
    try this

hardly get any calls these days, 'tis rather good
  • Options
    i just say no thankyou very loudly without even letting them tell me what they is floggin' ...then put the phone down. dead simple ...if they phone back scream and then put the phone down.
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    try this

:yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    try this

I know.

I recommended it to dr debrett's three months ago, and of course he didn't fucking listen.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I know.

I recommended it to dr debrett's three months ago, and of course he didn't fucking listen.

Well sadly I don't pay the bills, therefore I don't make decisions about anything.
  • Options
  • Options
    If those people phone me up and ask EVERY type of personal question they could possibly think of, I just lie or ask them the same question. I like to lie to them, it's more fun. They ask how much your earn a year and I'm like, um, 2 grand, what type of car do you drive, a Merc SLK. They even once asked, if you smoke what brand.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Er, you don't have to pay anything you just ring the TPS number and an automated service records your preferences. It takes about 30 seconds.

Well I don't pay the bills so I don't suddenly decide to call the TPS.... That'd be like me suddenly deciding to add 1571 to the line - that'd just annoy my parents if we didn't need it.
  • Options