Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Friday Night Traffic

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone reckon the traffic on the M25 towards Brighton would be worse on a Friday then any other day? And if so do you reckon people leave like early cos it's Friday to do weekend stuff?

I think it's half term so that should mean traffic is a bit better then normal?

I'm considering going to visit my cousin at Uni there today and maybe staying the weekend, would have preferred to go last night but had meetings all night in central London.

Comments

• Options
    It tends to be worse on a friday, people going to visit and such.
  • Options
    I would avoid it between 4 and 8 :(
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: Friday Night Traffic
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    Anyone reckon the traffic on the M25 towards Brighton would be worse on a Friday then any other day? And if so do you reckon people leave like early cos it's Friday to do weekend stuff?

Clockwise or anti clockwise?
    It's my experience that clockwise is always worse on that stretch of the M25 but then on a friday night ALL the roads are going to be shit around London.
    Monday mornigns and Friday evenings are the worst time to travel on the motorways.
    You'd be better off going saturday morning.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I find traffic everywhere is a lot worse on a Friday, my two penneth :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Friday Night Traffic
    Originally posted by Skive
    Clockwise or anti clockwise?
    It's my experience that clockwise is always worse on that stretch of the M25 but then on a friday night ALL the roads are going to be shit around London.
    Monday mornigns and Friday evenings are the worst time to travel on the motorways.
    You'd be better off going saturday morning.

Going say from Watford to Brighton .. so clockwise I guess??

I could leave at any time, like even 2pm .. I'd like to go clubbing in Brighton as well and check out some venues for possible future events.

Although I believe the parking at Uni of Sussex is a bitch!!

They have parking meters and yellow lines, etc so don't want to get there early and then find I have no where to park my car.

Have a PC I want to drop off to my cousin and he must be down to his last £8, so probabaly give him some money.. but then again might be lazy and not go at all!!

BTW Anyone recommend a good bar or club in Brighton or Hove or anywhere in that general area? And somewhere to park at night? Is Brighton actually safe? Last time I was there I got attacked by a crazy girl.
  • Options
    Leave at 3, you'll miss the worst of the traffic and won't arrive too early.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Leave at 3, you'll miss the worst of the traffic and won't arrive too early.

I'll have to have a think about it (i.e. if I should go or not) ... in someways I'm thinking it's in my cousin's own long term best interest to let him spend another week on his own.

He needs to learn to be independant and in a way I'm not sure if its good to rescue him financially by giving him money just before he goes down to zero cash, he's been damn lazy getting a bank account setup so it's his own fault. We did give him tonnes of food when he left so I doubt he'll starve.
  • Options
    I'm not happy using those roads on a Friday even when I'm getting paid for it.
    I've been working in London for about 2 months now and I'm properly fucked off with the travelling. I fucking hate London simply because the traffic is such a c*nt.

The M23 shouldn't be to bad, but as you get closer to Brighton it all snares up again.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I've been working in London for about 2 months now and I'm properly fucked off with the travelling. I fucking hate London simply because the traffic is such a c*nt.

The M23 shouldn't be to bad, but as you get closer to Brighton it all snares up again.

You drive from Brighton to London for work?
  • Options

It shouldnt be bad until you actually reach Brighton, ive never been on the M23 or A23 when its been terrible, it only starts to get a bit dodgy is when you leave the A23 and enter outer brighton
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    You drive from Brighton to London for work?

I live near Salisbury actually but three the sites I've been travelling to recently were in Dartford, Gatwick and Hickstead - whcih means that I've been using the roads you want to use quite a bit.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by jake0
    It shouldnt be bad until you actually reach Brighton, ive never been on the M23 or A23 when its been terrible, it only starts to get a bit dodgy is when you leave the A23 and enter outer brighton

That is what I meant. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Well rung my cousin and he's not picking up his mobile so guessing he's in class and his mum just called us from abroad ... I might just think about going at night, like leaving around 8pm like someone suggested..

Shouldn't be any real traffic by then??
  • Options
    It may well be towards the end of the major traffic.

The Zap club is supposed to be alright I think.
  • Options
    id avoid brighton on a weekend, actually its term time and stuff, or is it? i dont have half terms, anyway if it isnt half term time, its good up there, all the uni students go out clubbing instead of drunk londoners